PDA

View Full Version : air filter question

quading is fun
06-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi I have a Uni airfilter on my quad and it is oiled with No-Toil Airfilter oil. can i just wash it off with say WD-40 or do i really have to get the No-Toil oil filter remover??

thanks for any and all help!!

Derag2
06-12-2005, 08:15 AM
id say youd be better off using dish soap than WD40......... i don't know if you really have to use the no toil cleaner or not, but if it was me i would.

quading is fun
06-12-2005, 04:21 PM
ok thnx

huffdaddy_400EX
06-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by quading is fun
Hi I have a Uni airfilter on my quad and it is oiled with No-Toil Airfilter oil. can i just wash it off with say WD-40 or do i really have to get the No-Toil oil filter remover??

thanks for any and all help!!

soap and warm water will do the trick

keller45
06-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I use Airfilter cleaner and it works really good! YOu can use soap and water buut it just takes longer.

86-250Rnut
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
I use gas to clean mine. i put about a inch of gas in a icecream bucket and clean it really good. then i just rinse it off with a hose and oil it. gas works really good. but be sure to rinse it out really good

keller45
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Ive heard of people using that but with the high gas prices do you want to?

shortwavez
06-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Soap and water- it is the easiest and you always have them around- so you don't have to worry about having a specific product. Val

exrider7510
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
dont use gas. it might make your airfilter look new but it eats away at the glues in it . Your best bet is any brand air filter cleaner i use what ever is the cheapest

Klotz Director
06-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Klotz Air Filter Cleaner will get all the fine particles off that you won't get otherwise. this will allow you to re-oil it more effectively, improving air flow.

greg_gorrell
06-17-2005, 09:42 PM
man, im not trying to cause any problems or anything but i know your on here just to advertise your products. i use klotz products but your filter cleaner is not going to clean an air filter any better that gas. although it will eat the glues in your filter, its still going to clean the same if not better.

quading is fun
06-18-2005, 09:29 AM
thanks guys, ill try some of these out

Klotz Director
06-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by greg_gorrell
man, im not trying to cause any problems or anything but i know your on here just to advertise your products. i use klotz products but your filter cleaner is not going to clean an air filter any better that gas. although it will eat the glues in your filter, its still going to clean the same if not better.

Have you ever tried the filter cleaner? It certainly is more convenient to use than gas. Obviously I feel pretty confident in the products. I don't mind hearing from customers about what they're using that works. If gas is cleaning your filter...Great! I just think that you may try using the cleaner once and see if the results are better. More power to you either way.

Also, I wouldn't say I'm on here to "advertise." This is a moderately limited audience, and I'm on here more to keep in touch with our core market. But as long as I'm here, I may as well volunteer what I can!

Shrk352
06-22-2005, 10:46 PM
kerosene works great for cleaning filters too.