PDA

View Full Version : ProArmor Sucks

Speedy81304
06-11-2005, 10:16 PM
i got the 1/4 thick skid plate for my swingarm. it fit very well. but it didnt last more then 2days. I went riding up at TugHill in upstate NY. I had to get a new sprocket and rotor. what really pissed me off was my stock skid plate lasted me one mounth of riding up in TugHill. I spent 130 Bucks for my proarmor skid plate and it sucks. I wrote them an email about what happend, and they havent returned an email back. well i'll never buy any proarmor stuff for my atv ever again. I fix my problem with 4130 Chromoly skidplate. Had a custom made, 1/4 thick 4130 it is only .5 lbs more then the proarmor , its also bullet proof. and it coast me nothing. good to have friends with machine shops.

jak1389
06-12-2005, 05:56 AM
yea, when i had my z400 i put the 1/4 inch skid plate on there, and the welds cracked. im not going back to them. i think i will stick with prm. ive had good luck with theres.

MadMax27
06-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Tug Hill is pretty nasty if your not on a sled with 4 feet of packed snow. I got an UM totally smooth skid plate, .250 thick. Its been holding up great, prolly cause it slids over stuff easier than other designs, like the stocker. We ride in nasty shiat too, round Grafton and Hoosick, Stephentown, all nasty rocky trails. I here ya dude. :p

Speedy81304
06-13-2005, 09:31 PM
well the 4130 skid plate, is in the works. its 1/8 inch in the less prone areas of hitting rocks, 1/4 in the sprocket and rotor area. the shock linkage area is 1/8 then blends into 1/4 between the sprocket and rotor area. a 2 inch oval hole will be made for tow straps. tug hill will never kill this skid plate. the frame will crack before my skid plate does.

if it works out good. maybe ill see about making some and selling them for a good price.