PDA

View Full Version : 300ex-won't start although battery is good..help!

05-26-2002, 08:09 AM
I am looking at the wiring diagram now and I think it could be the starter relay switch, but not sure. The lights work when I cut ignition on, but when I push the start button nothing happens. The fuse is fine and the starter motor tries to crank if I touch the "+" battery to the starter motor directly, so it must be in the wiring. I don't want to buy a starter relay switch and wait, and then that not be the problem. Anyone had this happen before??????
It's a beautiful weekend and I want to go ride!!:mad:

05-26-2002, 11:38 AM
i dont know if this is the same, but i had something similar happen to me and my 250ex, when i hit the start button the battery would make a messed up sound, and the the on/off like would go out, and i couldnt start it. there a screw, under you seat holding your battery tight, mine was loose, i tighted it, and it works great ever since, check that..

05-27-2002, 06:55 PM
I think I have found it to be the starter relay switch. I can start it fine if I hot wire the starter motor to the battery and bypass the relay switch. Lots of sparks shoot and I don't think I will keep it this way, but it does fine when I hotwire it this way. Anyone want to sell a starter relay switch off of a wrecked 300ex or maybe a 400ex? I am going to check with dealer and see how much they want for one.