PDA

View Full Version : Hasn't been ran in a while...

howshnazy
06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
My quad has not been ran in probably about 2 months and today i let it run for a little while. The exhaust smelled different then it usually does, smelled bad. Also a little white smoke was puffing out with the exhaust. I know it needs an oil change so i will do that soon. Is there anything else i should do? And is there any way to drain the gas thats in the tank right now?

Thanks

nosliw
06-11-2005, 12:50 PM
take the side black plastic off (allen bolt and body clip)
take some needlenose and remove the fuel line from the petcock (make sure gas is OFF)
route the gas coming out of the tank into another container (by means of another section of fuel line or even a half-funnel made from cardboard)

actually, it would be easier just to remove the tank. all that holds it on are 2 10MM bolts up front, and a couple of rubber straps on each side once you get the front plastics off (another 4 10MMbolts, a couple body clips for the tank cover, and some electrical connections but you can slide the whole thing out of your way enough you dont need to undo them.)

you know, if it was left with gas in the carb sitting that long, i would clean it. take it off and arm yourself with a can of cleaner and give every nook and cranny hell. take jets out and shoot that stuff through it and it should run like new.