PDA

View Full Version : PA. riding places???

SUPERFLY 400
05-26-2002, 08:04 AM
Me and my brother are coming to PA to visit family near Central PA. near Bloomsburg, (Columbia Country). I have a 01 400ex and he has a 02 400ex. We will be in PA on June 9-14. If any one knows of good riding places or wants to hook up with us let me know. Help me out here Bro's, I need an excuss to get away from the parents and wife. LOL.

05-26-2002, 11:41 AM
in p/a theres a track called jack frost and big bolder, they got atv track, and alot of other ****..check it out

Tommy 17
05-26-2002, 01:18 PM
www.rauschcreekracing.com trust me if u like mx at all u will love this place... for 25$ u can't beat it... if i wasn't goin to nj those dayz i would come ride with u...

SUPERFLY 400
05-26-2002, 02:05 PM
I was checkin those places out on the map. Its like a 2 hr. drive to get there from Bloomsburg, PA. Is there any closer places to ride? Jack Frost seems a little closer then Rausch Creek. I'm driving from Nebraska which is a 18 hour drive, and the last thing I want to do is drive any longer just to ride our quads! My brother is driving from Texas, so i shouldn't complain to bad. He has a longer drive:D Any one familiar with the Nescopeck Mountains or Bloomsburg Area?

GrounD PoundeR
05-27-2002, 12:46 PM
You'll have to forgive Superfly....he drives 5 miles to work and complains... If there is Mud in PA you tell me where and I'll be there.... As for ya'll from PA that are not commenting, well I'm driving 24 hours straight so I dont want to hear excuses. :blah BUCK-UP! By the way anyone have any biscuits and mustard.

Tommy 17
05-27-2002, 02:18 PM
wheres bloomsburg at... i have no idea... is it on the east or west side??

SUPERFLY 400
05-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Bloomsburg is kind of in the middle eastern central state. If you have a road atlas just look it up in the index. Its the only "town" in Pa. (Not joking)

bansheeguy77
05-27-2002, 05:55 PM
sweet come on up.....u are wrong though jack is farther than rausch. bloom is like down in the southern part....it is about an hour and a half or 2 from rausch but jack is about an hour and a half north of rausch. i dont know of any places down that way but if u come up ill show u some quality riding.

SUPERFLY 400
05-27-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey Bansheeguy, That funny you tring to tell me where my parents live. Bloomsburg is not south. If you follow I-80 its between Willamsport and Wilkes-Barre. I figured Roucsh Creek is about a 2 hr. drive (it may be less if I'm driving. LOL) south west of Bloomsburg. Jack Frost looks like an 1 hr drive east on I-80. It really don't matter where I go. I just get bored of Tracks. I like trails and jumps. Straight aways are a plus also to drag race. It will probally be on a weekday when we ride. Is week days cool with you?? I will be in Bloomsburg between June 8-14.

EXtreme-
05-28-2002, 06:04 AM
Last time I was in Bloomsburg, we attended a 4-wheel off road jamboree (mid 80's). Being from Pittsburgh, I don't head to that end of the state too much, but you might have better luck finding trails there by checking the places to ride (http://www.paatving.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=4) There's alot of threads that are county oriented. If you cant find what you need, post it up. Nothing like a guide, especially when time is short.

Welcome to Pa........bring a skidplate!

Tommy 17
05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by EXtreme-

Welcome to Pa........bring a skidplate!

haha thats so true!!!!!!

GapRacer7
05-28-2002, 11:09 AM
hey guys, i live 30 minutes from Bloomsburg and actually go to college there. i also live 20 minutes from Rausch Creek an practice there every wednesday. My dad also owns a ATV/MX racing shop here. you should come check it out. www.gapracing.com. send me an email @ GapRacer7@hotmail.com or a PM if u want more info

bansheeguy77
05-28-2002, 01:31 PM
yea i am tellin u where they live now what biatch :blah lol im just jokin i dont wanna sound like a dick....i coulda swore that bloom was south of here though....ya well lol. rausch is cool and theres trails all around so its all good...u sure u wanna hit a straight with me?? :devil weekdays are awesome....skid plates aint a necessity although i guess u should have them...but if ur good u can go around rocks.

GrounD PoundeR
05-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey Gapracer
Looked at yalls web site and the atv area is not finished yet so I sent an email to that haggle thing to see if he will be the prices I was given by another place. So far no response.......sounds like false advertisement.

Bansheeguy I bet you have fun climbing powerlines with a banshee, and real men dont go around they go through it. Let me know if you want to go hill climbing up there that week...

SUPERFLY 400
05-28-2002, 05:45 PM
I heard that there are some trails in Hazleton/Jim Thorpe aera. Anyone heard the same?
Hey Gapracer I use to cruise the strip around the Bloomsburg Universty. Thats my old stompin ground. How far is rausch creek from Bloomsburg? Want to go there with us?
Banshee dude i'll run a straigh with ya:blah Then we can race the trails if you can keep up:D I'll probally pick up a 14 tooth sprocket, to run the trails.

NJ300ex
05-28-2002, 06:16 PM
In hazelton there is paragon. I was there recently and I liked it alot. Defiantly bring a skidplate. Some major rocks. There is a very good mix of terrain.

http://www.paragonap.com/paragon.htm

GapRacer7
05-28-2002, 08:51 PM
hey ground pounder, our website is actually in the process of being updated. so i f u would like us to try to beat a price, call Tom @gapracing (570)339-0180. Im sure you can work something out.

superfly - i go to rausch every wednesday, and i will be there this wednesday as well. Since the rest of my team is riding at Broome in New York, i might even go to rausch on sat and sunday. let me know when ur planning on headin down. we can hook up.

oh, and since i go from bloom to my house in 30 min and my house to rausch in 20, i guess it would be just under an hour. but i dont know if there could be a shortcut somehwere ?

GrounD PoundeR
05-31-2002, 09:45 PM
Gap
I'm telling you a sent an email to whoever email is on that website and got no reply. I just spent about 700 today on the stuff listed below. You know how it is you get a itch ya need to scratch it. If you know the people I need a 426 kit. Pref a JE. I'll probably get the cam from TCracing. I wanted to get a pipe from him but he is all out. Wont have any untill 6-10. So I got the Big gun. I'll being looking into a-arms and rear shortley. I'll track you down when I got the cash... If you want PM me a price or if they have any TC pipes....

Todays saying: Day late, dollar short.

SuperFLy and I will be there next weekend. No Go on Sunday going to the Nascar race. I hope. :D

GapRacer7
05-31-2002, 09:54 PM
like i said, our website is actually being redeveloped and anything used on it wont be addressed excpet online orders. u would have to talk to Tom, hes the one that handles all sales. (570)339-0180.
i only work with shipping and receiving part time. im not the one u should be makin deals with, lol

GrounD PoundeR
05-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey getting to know everyone and talking with a smile will get you far...

Talked to a lady today when ordering my Propegs and she ended up knocking 30 dollars off the price. 149.
Told her women are evil.....she said something about putty her hand in my pocket and I told her theres no money, but if you see a smile dont stop.

bansheeguy77
05-31-2002, 10:03 PM
yea i go through the rocks to thats how i cut a tire down last night lol. the best part is finding a huge water hole and flying over it 6th wot. i love climbing coal hills with the shee. the gas milage is completely horrible i can go 15 miles a tank if that. im trading the shee in tommorow. i can get any quad i want lol (cept a cannondale) im leaning for a 400ex though cause of the great deals on them and mod that mofo out. i could get a z400 but id have to wait to the middle of the month and couldnt ride with u guys then. but ill more than likely have a quad and prolly go riding with u guys. gap i might be hittin rausch sunday if i get the ex. ill catch up with u sometime and show u how to ride :square

GapRacer7
06-01-2002, 08:25 AM
hahahahahhaah

ok, u got it kid ;)

GrounD PoundeR
06-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Gap where is this place rausch is at. I'll look for it on the map. I dont remember it when I lived up there. What way do you come to go to Bloomsburg & what way do you go to rausch. I'll find out how far it will be. its a easy as going to Mapso or Yahoo maps...

GapRacer7
06-01-2002, 09:33 AM
rausch creek is located in tower city. less than 1 mile from the tower city exit (exit107?) on I-81.

i take rt 901 (i live on 901) to interstate 81 and go south from exit (116) two exits to the tower city exit (107). takes about 20 minutes.

to get to bloomsburg, i take 54 on to 42 right into bloomsburg. like 28 miles. about 30 min drivin time.

bansheeguy77
06-01-2002, 11:53 AM
lol eh. yep i just picked up the ex today :D ordered bout 1500 dollars worth of stuff. i might go to raush tommorow are u going to be there gap? i think 400exracerx and beerock are going to. ill still go up and watch u guys racing. after my stuff comes in though gap we gotta hook up and ride. a wednesday would be cool.

GapRacer7
06-01-2002, 07:58 PM
im tryin to get me a ride to rausch for tomorrow (sunday).
if im there, u wont miss me. c ya then, hopefully

upstate rider
06-03-2002, 04:25 PM
NJ300ex went to paragon on Sunday , found sand pit tobe the most fun. Rode a few trails that went close to the edge , a long ways down if you lost it and some for high clearence 4x4's jeeps. One guy tried going thru one of the water holes down at the sand pit and had tobe towed out was about 7 feet deep there. Was a good day out anyway.

bansheeguy77
06-03-2002, 05:27 PM
yo gap where were ya on sunday? i was there and i met up with 400exracerx. im gonna be hittin rausch pretty soon again though....

GrounD PoundeR
06-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Well guys I have a two days left before I hit the road to PA. Only 1400 miles to go riding. So let me know what yall planning. I have to see what Superfly is doing but I'm up for it any day except Sunday. I got the need for Speed. Nascar baby....

bansheeguy77
06-04-2002, 06:41 PM
hmmm thats pocono aint it? that track is pretty cool but not that awesome cause u cant really see the track that well. but they fly there. i went there the past 3 years but this year we went to the coca cola 600. that is the best race ive ever seen it rocked sooo much. that b2 was so freakin sweet 2. pocono is cool but when u go to other tracks its not the best. u will have fun though. i might go to qualifying thats sweet up there. anywho tell me what ya wanna do and ill try 2 hook up with ya's.

GrounD PoundeR
06-04-2002, 07:08 PM
Ya I love going to the races. I stayed out at the Texas Motor Speedway this year. Our camp got raided by the cops more times then I can count. Friday was Mardi Gra night then it was starting to pick up but someone complained. We had a neon open sign. DJ system and a stage for girls to dance. Saturday was even better. We had people that staying at the infield camp ground come to us. Said they heard about some crazy f'ers having a **** of a party. Needless to say the cops joined us that night to and the party went to sh*t. I almost went to jail. Dam I can't wait till next year....

At least I get to go to the Pocono's and Alabama. Best part is people I do buisness with our paying for it. Cant beat that with a stick. LOL.

bansheeguy77
06-04-2002, 07:16 PM
dam sounds sweet...as long as u didnt go to jail its all good. pocono has alot of parties to and thats just on sundays about 3 hrs before race is usually when i get there. charlotte was fun but was not alot of parties though....during the race there was a huge fight in the infield me and a few other ppl were watching with the biniculars lol. do u have 1 of those radios to listen to the drivers? some1 let me use their down there and that was the coolest thing ever.

06-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Hey BansheeGuy, i was just at the Dover race and that was pretty neat. You watch them slowly come through the turn but when they get to you they wiz by. If you would go anywhere I would say to go to Bristol for the night race. That was the sweetest thing i saw. I stayed the weekend and saw the rigs come in at night. I am going to Pocono this year too. Im goin to both races. From seeing Pocono then going to Dover and Bristol its like going from a poor house to a mansion. There were plenty of parties at Dover.

Don't know when the 4-wheeler will be fixed. My dad doesn't know yet. ill Probably be out with Morgan sometime.

bansheeguy77
06-04-2002, 08:38 PM
yea when the race at charlotte was at night that was the all time coolest thing i ever saw...it gotta be even cooler if hte whole thing is at night....true about the poor house to mansion pocono is like the projects compared to charlotte. lol that was funny when u did that. i was gonna tell u to be carefull being without 1 of those bolts...i thought u were gonna call it quits after it made that stupid noise when i was chillin on top of the hill but u kept going. ya well i dont know how bad it is. if u dont need a new trany it will be fine. i might hit the coal banks pretty soon with the 400 see how it does.

crday98
06-04-2002, 11:02 PM
i live about 15 away from gap racer and bansheeguy.there is some great riding and monster climbs in the frackville area.i just happen to be on vacation starting this friday but might be at the shore during the week and will be attending the GM Nationals at Carlisle on the 15th or 16th.send me a PM if you want my cell # to hook up.

GapRacer7
06-05-2002, 07:32 AM
Goin to rausch today (Wednesday the 5th) around 3 or 4. Hope it doesnt Storm !

SUPERFLY 400
06-05-2002, 07:01 PM
Well bro's. I got my armor plateing (skids, a-arm, swingarm and full skid). So no excuesses. Me and my bro will be in Pa. Saturday so I'm lookin forward to seeing what you're all made off!J/King:D . We will be in Bloomsburg aera (columbia county) If you want PM me your # and we will call you. Hope my jetting is still right when i get to Pa.

bansheeguy77
06-05-2002, 07:55 PM
sorry im to poor i dont own a phone lol....tell me what days u guys are coming up 2 rausch or around here and we'll hook up. im probably hittin rausch id say wednesday and try 2 hook up with gap.