PDA

View Full Version : kickstart rattle

HiperEX
06-11-2005, 08:07 AM
i want to fix this but what all do i need to do it rattels bad dont want it to come off somwhere and no have a kicker

86-250Rnut
06-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Did the bolt come lose that clamps it on do the kick start shaft? or the return spring may have become worn or weak making it move a little.

HiperEX
06-11-2005, 11:11 AM
where can i get some replacement parts, i can even get the phillips end bolt off the kicker

TheIceMan
06-11-2005, 11:17 AM
honda sells a "rebuild" kit for the kicker

Rich250RRacer
06-11-2005, 08:29 PM
The most common cause of the kick starter rattle is lack of maintenance. If it's rattling, chances are it's too far gone already. You can get the ball and spring and replace those, or you can try just taking the kicker apart, and stretch the spring a little bit. This should make it lock in place better and eliminate the rattle. I take my kicker apart every other ride (or every ride if it's muddy), clean it, and pack it with fresh grease. Just be careful you don't lose the little ball. This will keep the kicker from wearing out prematurely.

baker250r
06-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The most common cause of the kick starter rattle is lack of maintenance. If it's rattling, chances are it's too far gone already. You can get the ball and spring and replace those, or you can try just taking the kicker apart, and stretch the spring a little bit. This should make it lock in place better and eliminate the rattle. I take my kicker apart every other ride (or every ride if it's muddy), clean it, and pack it with fresh grease. Just be careful you don't lose the little ball. This will keep the kicker from wearing out prematurely.

He does that with his balls too.... :devil:

honda350r
06-11-2005, 08:56 PM
There is a o-ring that goes in there also, that most people leave out !!

HiperEX
06-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
He does that with his balls too.... :devil:
hahah good one baker lol