PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

outlaw#9
06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
my R was running fine untill ... it started smoke real bad from the exhaust and the engine was boging big time. the gas oil mix is fine 40:1 never had any trouble ... pulled off the track and noticed a crack in the right clutch side cover. just above where the oil check bolt is ... took it apart to find the bolt that holds the gear on was backed out {keep in mind this is bolted to the crank} .i examined the internals for any damage and found none!

Is it possible the crank is hollow or there is a way for oil to get by the loose bolt with this gear being loose or am i missing somthing else like case damage or crank seal ? ...all looks good inside but i fear putting it back together and having it sucking cluch oil again .. obviously the crack in the side cover was caused by the bolt backing out . The loose bolt was on the gear between the clutch basket and the counter balencer ...i red locktited it but ....

any ideas would help ...thanks

baker250r
06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
cranks seal went? case half gasket went? its probly a seal gave way

honda350r
06-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Tighten the bolt up and your problem will go away.. No need to tear the engine down!

When that bolt comes loose the spacer that rides on the crank bearing is a metal to metal seal,so when it is loose no more seal and the engine will suck trans oil!

You will have to repair or replace your clutch cover..

End of story!!!

86-250Rnut
06-10-2005, 09:39 PM
could have fried ur crank bearing,,,, not good. how long was it running like that? and how much oil was in the tranny?