PDA

View Full Version : why is this happening?

blackwidow450r
06-10-2005, 09:04 AM
I recently rebuilt my motor because i pushed the shifter rod through the bottom of the motor. I changed all the bearings and seals, also the i put new rings on the stock piston. Now the motor is pushing oil through the transmission breather hose. If anybody knows why this could be happening please tell me!!

hondaryder42
06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
i pulled a dummy once and the breather hose on the back of the motor came off ( roll over ) anyways i thought it should go to the nipple on right hand side of carb.... but it does NOT. for the week i rode it i had oil come out as well on tranny side. the hose goes to the plastic shield under the seat. you have to remove some rubber flaps to see it.

xc400ex
06-10-2005, 09:26 PM
If you had the lower end split its possible the new gasket or sealer is blocking an oil passage way. This will make them squirt oil out of the breather.

blackwidow450r
06-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I was wondering if you knew if i had to modify any of the gaskets when i was puting the motor back together? I know about the gasket that had to be trimed in the cyclinder, but that is obvious. The manual didn't say anything. I seperated the cases twice just to make sure i had everything perfect. Evertime i did it i used new gaskets. I have no idea why this is happening. I was told maybe the cyclinder is out of shape, but the cyclinder is spotless. If you have any idea please help!!

xc400ex
06-11-2005, 10:12 AM
No it would have nothing to with the top end since it runs off the left side motor oil. I would get a second opinion maybe have someone look at it before I split the cases again but that would be my guess to the problem.

Hammer trx450r
06-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Are u absolutly sure u didn't overfill?

xc400ex
06-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah maybe thats your problem I didnt think of the simple things.