PDA

View Full Version : new Avenged Sevenfold-City of Evil CD

450Racer
06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
hey guys. i bought this CD June 7th before noon and i LOVE it!!! they're by far my favorite band. has anyone gotten their CD yet? they have so much good ****. it seems that MC Shadows (the lead singer) has busted capalaries in his throat from screaming and they got a Warner Brothers label so there's not hardcore screaming on this CD. he has perfected his voice! i love the CD so much. there's even a tribute song to Darrel Dimebag on their. i think it's an excellent CD. Sinister Gates (the lead guitar) has some amazing guitar in this CD. i love it! i recommend it to anyone that has a thing for heavy rock, metalcore, metal, nu-rock. it's only 10 bucks at Target or Circuit City, it'll probably go up soon to like 17 bucks or something like they usually do. there's no filler songs on this CD either. every one on there they have worked hard and really done awesome with. my favorites are Bat Country, Trashed and Scattered, the Beast and the Harlot, Seize the Day, and Burn it Down. it's a great CD, song after song is a hit. look for these guys to go huge pretty soon!

Mxjunkie
06-10-2005, 06:37 AM
They are waaaay to emo now, one of the songs had bongos in it :ermm:

exracer416
06-10-2005, 08:06 AM
i wouldnt say theyre emo but they did tone it down a little bit but its still awesome the rev is one sick drummer i cant keep up with him:mad: also my band put a song up on pure volume.com its just me n my guitarist right now until we can record it better here in a couple weeks and put lyrics to it its only about half donetell me what ya think its not perfect but it will be
www.purevolume.com/facingtraffic (http://www.purevolume.com/facingtraffic)

2001300exguy
06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
they deffinately sold out and i cant stand the new cd. there older stuff was so much better

450Racer
06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
i do have to admit that "waking the fallen" is better than the new CD but i really like the new one. the bongo **** and the Mexican music is pretty weird, i don't like that. on "waking the fallen" every song was a hit, it was great, you could play the CD without skipping around. i've been doing a good bit of skipping around on this one. i wish there was more screaming and some more dual harmonization on guitars like unholy confessions, that was great. i still think that about half the new CD is kick *** as the old but 50% isn't too hot.

WKY400EX
06-10-2005, 09:05 PM
A heard "City of Evil" a few days ago, and I was kind of disappointed. I was expecting something harder from them after listening to their early music so much. But I don't know that I can really complain since M. Shadows blew his voice out.:eek:

A friend of mine bought the CD for $10 at Target today, and he really likes it. He told me to listen to it a little more, cause I might like it. I'm going to give it another try and see what happens.

450Racer
06-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by WKY400EX
A heard "City of Evil" a few days ago, and I was kind of disappointed. I was expecting something harder from them after listening to their early music so much. But I don't know that I can really complain since M. Shadows blew his voice out.:eek:

A friend of mine bought the CD for $10 at Target today, and he really likes it. He told me to listen to it a little more, cause I might like it. I'm going to give it another try and see what happens.

there is definitly more soft stuff on here but don't get me wrong there's the same heavy stuff in the other ones, maybe toned down a little. #2 burn it down is pretty heavy, some crazy drumms. the rev is insane, he's one of the best drumms i think. he can doulbe bass faster than i can pick, i've been playing for 5 years, he's crazy. i do a lot of galloping and triple notes so i'm fast at picking. i can't beleive some of the breakdowns. i really like his new voice. give it a try. it's definitly worth the 10 bucks!

Hondadudeehhhh
06-11-2005, 02:45 PM
yeah but i still cant wait to see them in concert this summer. I dont know about the whole emo thing...

450Racer
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
yeah but i still cant wait to see them in concert this summer. I dont know about the whole emo thing...

yeah man me too. i'm going to the warped tour in Pittsburg, PA August 1st and i'm PUMPED. i can't wait to see them. i've learned 3/4 of their CD on guitar the last 2 weeks. it's REALLY hard. it's alot harder than what it sounds. but i guess after hours of practice it sounds just like it. it's so cool to hear Sinister Gates coming through my amp. hahaha. not half as good but it's still kinda cool.