PDA

View Full Version : Should I and is it worth it??? Please Help!!

300ex_dude
05-25-2002, 08:37 PM
I was going to get elka dual rate front shocks with adjustable piggyback rezzies for my 300ex and was going to get a rear raptor elka shock and have them valve it for my 300ex. Should I do this? I think I should and I think I am going to but just wanted to see what you thought. Is it worth spending the extra money to buy adjustable elka's instead of works? I'm leaning toward the elka's. Any info would be great. Later

Leo
05-26-2002, 06:33 AM
I believe Marty said that he had good luck putting a resprung / revalved Raptor shock on the rear of a 300EX..

If you plan on ordering a new Elka shock for the back, I'd get whatever they recomend for the 300EX..

Leo

RideRed04
05-26-2002, 04:04 PM
I see a problem going from a shock designed for a quad with linkage to one withougt, but I could be wrong. Hey, if you really wanna have fun, put a shock from a polaris scrambler on the back. Ever taken a look at one? They are at least a foot and a half long! No more travel then a 400ex either.

cdalejef
05-26-2002, 06:45 PM
There's no problem putting a Raptor shock on the back of the 300ex as long as you revalve it and change the spring. We have done several of these and they work great! Elka hasn't released their 300ex rear shock yet.