PDA

View Full Version : Chop it off!?

ShiftFMX
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok Guys, I know sum of you are sick of hear me talk about my exhaust for my truck, but i wanna get it right.

So...I chopped the factory muffler off and put a glasspack in its place, its sounds nice, but not nearly loud enough!!

My buddy told me about this guy that he deals with that could hook me up with Dual straight pipes for about $190 otd including Chrome tips.

Should I do it, Is it worth it? Plus chrome duals would look so badass on my truck (99 Red F250), I would get them both pointed towards the ends of the rear bumper, if you know what i mean

(Im not chopping the cats off!)

DH400EX
06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
sounds like a good idea. try it, wont hurt.

06-09-2005, 07:57 PM
hollow the cat's out. that will make it a lot louder!

get_up_mark
06-09-2005, 08:37 PM
it will also make your car smell and none of your freinds will follow you. youll be at the back of your pack. if you know anything about exhaust you will jump on that deal.. how big is your piping though 4 inch?

LTZ400rider
06-09-2005, 08:44 PM
it might smell good, like u ever smell motorcycle exhaust, no cats, or how about muscle cars or hot rods. it smells good

06-09-2005, 08:52 PM
ok man ditch the glass packs go with flow master 40 series dual and run it all the was back and have the muffler shop take out the cats as an underthe table job and u will not regret it.....thats what i did:devil:

SRH
06-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
hollow the cat's out. that will make it a lot louder!

thats a huge *** fine in ny, plus we have emissions test or something when we go throught inspection, beofre you do anything crazy id check out your laws, noise draws attention and it would suck to get pulled over and habve to change your exhaust back

TM426
06-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Dont dump the exhaust out the back. I have dad friends that did that and they wish they didnt (if you 4-wheel) If you dont four wheel no big deal. But, when they would back up in deep water it pushes up the exhaust or the worst when backing in a ravine or deep mud it F's up bad. I would dump it out angled behind the rear wheels. Plus I see alot of that here on vehicles with the chrome or gold outlines on every door on their truck with the way offset wheels that stick out 6" from the fenders with the huge window rain guards.

popo
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Phew!!!! when you said chop it off,

I'm glad you were talking about your exhaust not your tally whacker

z400roosteR
06-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by popo
Phew!!!! when you said chop it off,

I'm glad you were talking about your exhaust not your tally whacker
Lmao haven't called it that in a while!

Scott-300ex
06-09-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah, on our truck we got them comin out behind the rear wheel facing out the side, cuz if you go over a stump and drop down, you'll close the pipes and choke your exhaust off, and then uh, have fun after that:rolleyes:

yeah i love my car smell, but my mom yells at me when its running in the garage if im tunin it or workin on it or whatever, but i love it so i keep it goin:D

and man, last night, i got on it in my mustang, went from 0-70mph soooooooooooooo fast and that was just 1st and 2nd gear, i was like, holy chit dude, it was awsome and my tires were even spinning too, i gaurentee you i did a 50-60 or longer foot 2nd gear scratch.

wtz400
06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
get stainless steal tips not chrome...the chrome will rust so fast.

redlined94
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
thats what I have on my F-150 and it sounds badass. I am runnin straight no mufflers with cats and its plenty loud. Also you can run two options of straight exhaust, like mine it runs from the exhaust manifolds into the cats then into the y pipe and i have the muffler cut out from there and have just pipe there and it has a nice deep loud sound but if you wanna run pipes from both manifolds just right out the to the back then it will be probably twice as loud as what I have. Just depends on what you wanna do. Hope that helps.