View Full Version : Jetting w/ K&N AIR FILTER

450RgETiRdONE
06-09-2005, 06:33 PM
What do you guys re-jet to with new k&n airfilter? No after market exaust, just 13tooth gear, thats it!

Also should i just take my bike to the dunes see how it performs bone stock then put my mods on it?

What ya think!

06-09-2005, 07:55 PM
sorry but if you're looking for some type of performance gain with just an aftermarket air filter you are mistaken. I personally would rathe rhave the stock airfilter on there b/c the K&N's are junk and let in dirt & dut to your engine. Leave your jetting alone if you leave the airbox lid on. If you take the lid off then try a 165 main

450RgETiRdONE
06-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Well no thats just to start. Thats all that my bro has done its not going to be left stock, thats not why i bought this machine.

He has airbox lid off, rejet, air filter and after market muffler?

I just wanted to know if i should take it out before i put all this stuff on it, and then if i didnt i never knew what it would of been like stock!

You recommend UNI filter???

spindles
06-11-2005, 10:42 PM
k+n isnt the best filter for extreme dusty conditions but i found the air box design is so much better than the 400 it should be ok.
:) :D i have not been able to see any dust get past mine yet. i would jet up about 10 over stock. can't remember the exact # but try around 145 ?? :confused:

06-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by spindles
k+n isnt the best filter for extreme dusty conditions but i found the air box design is so much better than the 400 it should be ok.
:) :D i have not been able to see any dust get past mine yet. i would jet up about 10 over stock. can't remember the exact # but try around 145 ?? :confused: stock is 118