PDA

View Full Version : Just put on my K&N filter!!!

PredMan88
06-09-2005, 02:01 PM
The big brown truck pulled in today w/ my air filter from rocky mountain atv. I quickly went in the garage to install it, took me about 10 minutes for the whole thing and it was very easy. Got my helmet on and took her for a test drive and i must say WOW!!! what a difference in throttle response and speed. I shifted in second and the front end came up like nothing. I am very pleased and if u dont have one yet...GET ONE!!!

MR.BIG
06-09-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble but I don't think changing your air filter is going to make that much of a difference!

Tyler25
06-09-2005, 04:02 PM
clamp-on filter or a drop-in?? clamp on does make a good difference!

PredMan88
06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Actually i found it very helpful to my wheelers overall performance so u really didnt burst my bubble

PredMan88
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
and y are u on this section when u have a 450r...o and i already beat two of them pos's anyways

MR.BIG
06-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh I didn't know I wasn't allowed in here, lol. Here we go with the smack talk what are you about 16. You beat two of them wow, wait until you race some one who knows how to ride and then the results will definately be different. Oh and if they are pieces of sh*t why are they winning all the races. The predator is a better trail quad but thats about it! If you like your pred good for you but you shouldn't bash other peoples stuff. Have you ever ridden any of the 450's and if you did what do you think.

PredMan88
06-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I didnt mean to offend u any i just didnt appreciate ur post about bursting my bubble thats all. I love hondas and grew up on them but im polaris now. I have ridden a 450r before and yes they are nice bikes but im a trail guy so I like my pred in that environment but racing...hell yea the 450r is king just look at tim farr:D

MR.BIG
06-11-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by PredMan88
I didnt mean to offend u any i just didnt appreciate ur post about bursting my bubble thats all. I love hondas and grew up on them but im polaris now. I have ridden a 450r before and yes they are nice bikes but im a trail guy so I like my pred in that environment but racing...hell yea the 450r is king just look at tim farr:D

Sorry man I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. If you are in to trails you bought the right bike because its always nice to have reverse and electric start!

04EXdude
06-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Predman, your only half way there!...........Now put on a good slip on and it will really come to life and don't forget to rejet.......;)

PredMan88
06-13-2005, 07:02 AM
ooo I plan on it. i cant wait but im still looking to find the best one;)

Jackal
07-10-2005, 12:53 AM
I am not sure about the filter doing that either, but my front end jumps off the gorund shifting into second all the dang time..

Ridin' Jesse
07-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by PredMan88
ooo I plan on it. i cant wait but im still looking to find the best one;)

HMF :devil:

PredMan88
07-10-2005, 06:39 PM
hmf is too loud...im thinkin pure polaris right now.

Jackal
07-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Pure Polaris is going to be my choice too. but I have read in other forums that this pipe is also extremely loud, and basically made by white bros..

jumptruck
07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
i own the le the pure polaris is not to bad with the dics i dont no about the open end pipe but the dics arnt bad

QuadJunkies
07-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I don't want to burst your bubble but I don't think changing your air filter is going to make that much of a difference! OHHHHHHH, yes it DOES............! We are forunate enogh that we can pretty much pick and choose if we want K&N or foam and hands down the K&N breathes better, flows better.I know not everyone has that option, nor prefers it for motor protection, but we have NEVER had one bit of dirt get passed out K&Ns and we take the best care of them as well ;)

Big Chuck
07-11-2005, 06:39 PM
I have raced over 60 XC races on my 03 Predator including the GNCC series and I noticed a decent difference when I dropped a K&N, upped the Main jet 3 sizes and I have a E series Pure Polaris slip on with the discs removed - wide open. If I run any discs, it feels like it is choking the motor. The quad performs flawlessly, have never had a break down yet and have never touched the motor. I keep maintanience on it big time though. Definatly going to buy an 06. Reverse would be nice in a race when I am tired... Just my opinion.

preddy107
07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
The yoshi is a great pipe. It sumwhat pricy tho. I have nothing but good things to say about mine. The craftsmanship is second to none. It really wakes up the predator and helps the lag in between 4th and 5th gear. Boosted the torq out the roof and also gave the pred a nice low end grunt.