PDA

View Full Version : 400 Ex Crackling

Chino
06-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Sometimes i will go to start up my 426 and it starts fine, other times when i hit the starter i get a crackling/sizzling noise coming from the battery area. If it does that, i kick the battery a few times and it fires right up. I just replaced the whole fuze box thing because it went bad on me and i had lost the cap prior to it going bad. I've checked all the wiring and can't find a bare wire or anything. I'm clueless to my crackling sizzling noise. I dont think it's a weak battery because it fires right up strong when i hit the starter and it starts lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FoxRacing81
06-09-2005, 10:38 AM
May sound stupid, but see if the terminals are loose. Mine did this once...did the same thing...Sounds like sometimes it may be getting a good connection and other times it doesnt and you hit the battery and it gets a good connection then and works....Just an Idea.

-Justin

dpizz450
06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe rejett it? idk im clueless about engine pretty much

Chino
06-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
Maybe rejett it? idk im clueless about engine pretty much

:ermm:

96lapis coupe
06-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Take the heavy black ground wire off where it connects to the battery and to the frame and wire brush/clean it off real good. Sounds like a flaky main ground to me.