PDA

View Full Version : Is rejetting a carb hard to do

jayhawk25
06-09-2005, 07:08 AM
I just purchased a moose dyno jet kit for my 300ex. I have never jetted a carb. The kit should be in next week sometime. Is it hard to do and what should I look out for while I am doing it? I thought I would ask before it gets here rather than wait till i mess something up.

bwamos
06-09-2005, 08:10 AM
If you bought a kit.. it is VERY easy. Just follow the instructions.

Jetting w/o a kit is a little tricky to learn. But once you've learned it is pretty easy. But, it's a trial and error process.

FoxMxRiders
06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
on my 400,I buy the same kit and I follow the instruction ... pretty easy and I have the good jetting:D

300exOH
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I just bought a couple individual keihin main and pilot jets and did mine myself. If you follow the jetting instructions in the articles section and you'll be fine. It would help you to read them even if you do go with the dynojet kit. But jetting is easy...go for it. If you have trouble you can get all the help you need here and it's much cheaper than having a mechanic do it.

rooster300ex
06-09-2005, 02:34 PM
He is damn sure right its trial and error, i have had hell. check this out in the articles sections it helped me if u have any problems after installing.

http://www.atvriders.com/articles/jetting.html

06-09-2005, 05:53 PM
dont not do it because you thinks its gunna be to hard. hell im 13 and i jetted my TWIN crabs on my raptor at x-mas so if a 13 year old can do it im sure someone older will have no problem

JOEX
06-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
dont not do it because you thinks its gunna be to hard. hell im 13 and i jetted my TWIN crabs on my raptor at x-mas so if a 13 year old can do it im sure someone older will have no problem
Good for you!:) :cool:

But being older doesn't neccesarily mean your smarter or know how to use common sense;) :ermm:

06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
before i jetted mine i was really contemplating letting the dealership do it. But then i finally nutted up and did it. It was easy. It may seem really from the instructions they give you. It took me like 25 minutes to do mine and i was talking with my buddy the whole time. And im 14 to but in:D

omaits
06-11-2005, 08:19 PM
I would suggest getting a Clymer manual before you try. As I took mine apart, I looked at teh pictuers so I could understand what each part does adn what it is called. I really learned alot by doing it myself and I am glad I did it. Also, once you get into it, it is alot easier than you think. If you are successful, it will also give you confidence to do other work by yourself... which saves money for more mods!