PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust

crewstang
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
I want the baddest exhaust they make with a spark arrestor. I was looking in to ct, but let me know what you guys think. I know this is a common question but I'm new to the site thanks

Got nads?
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I have a Dmc Alien with a K&N filter as well as jet kit I have ridden in St Anthonys As well as Oregon Dunes and live in CANADA and with the diferent altitudes have found it to be a very well performing system I have drag raced a few RAPTORS with the CT pipe and beat them . My two nephews have a YFZ and a 450R and with a long enough race like fire roads or desert I can reel them in but even in a short race im not far behind and in woods it all depends on talent and how well you know your quad by the way I have a 2003 RAPTOR it is my first quad before that I have had only owned three weelers since 1976 now that is dating my self

crewstang
06-09-2005, 09:45 PM
how much was your exhaust and do you know how much horsepower it was suppose to make. I read a dyno and it said that the ct supposedly helped make 50hp on a raptor in dirt wheels. Now I know every bike is different, I just don't mind spending five or six hundred on one. I just want the best

sproket
06-10-2005, 10:03 PM
The price in Canadian was $800 for the full exhuast, $250 for the spark arrestor, and another 200 for a pro flow air filter kit with jetting .so it should be around $500 U.S. Check their website, because I think they may have changed the design of their full system. The best thing to do is chose a system for your type of riding mid top or bottom end as well as sound levels. you can always change gearing as it is easily done and cheap thats how I chose mine and it set up well.:D

Robin Hood
06-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Ive got a CT full pipe, pro design air filter, and its jetted properly. Fastest Rappy around here.. I think Dirt Wheels did a pipe shootout a long time ago, and Ive seen some online, Ill go look for the link, Oh yea, dualies wouldnt be such a bad idea either, the LTE dual exhaust with K&N Filter I heard is pretty damn powerful.

Robin Hood
06-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by crewstang
how much was your exhaust and do you know how much horsepower it was suppose to make. I read a dyno and it said that the ct supposedly helped make 50hp on a raptor in dirt wheels. Now I know every bike is different, I just don't mind spending five or six hundred on one. I just want the best

Oops, didnt read this post, guess you saw the pipe shootout...

Anyway heres the link for future reference..

http://www.ctracing.com/PD_ct%20photos/dirt_wheel_february_2002.htm

crewstang
06-11-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah thanks for the help guys. I really like the lte duals, its just I've heard mix reactions about them. You guys know how it compares to ct?

Robin Hood
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm also curious as to how the LTE compares against the CT. My CT adds a ton of power from the bottom, all the way to the top, I heard the LTE's give incredeble mid-high end, I might grab the LTE kit if I get enough $ worked up...

crewstang
06-11-2005, 02:46 PM
yeah, well I was set on lte for a while. I don't remember what site I was on, but they were bad mouthing it real bad. They said dirt wheels did a test on it and it didn't do anything. So I don't know. I know it sure looks bad ***.

MadDog56
06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
On a stock or mildly modified engine the CT makes more hp. Only when you start flowing a lot of air and fuel through the head does the LTE begin to perform better. The LTE has a noticeable lack of power in the midrange compared to other top tier full exhaust systems.

04EXdude
06-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Don't know which one is best but I'm really happy with the HMF. Haven't had many drag races yet but it did walk on a Raptor with a White Bros E2.........:cool:

06-14-2005, 09:15 PM
full yoshimura pro

crewstang
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
My friend has a yoshimura on his raptor and mine was still stock and I still put a hurting on him. Maybe he just can't drive but who knows. Thanks for all the replys.

06-15-2005, 05:00 PM
he most not be able to ride even if he has the comp he should still beat you

Robin Hood
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by MadDog56
On a stock or mildly modified engine the CT makes more hp. Only when you start flowing a lot of air and fuel through the head does the LTE begin to perform better. The LTE has a noticeable lack of power in the midrange compared to other top tier full exhaust systems.

Yea, I heard that LTE's start kicking in when you get a pretty decent amount of engine work done, I have no Engine mods what-soever, and my CT makes a huge difference compared to other stock Rappys I've ridden.

crewstang
06-15-2005, 08:35 PM
to tell you guys the truth I haven't lost on my stock raptor to any other raptor with just exhaust. I don't go ride every weekend. I think I have one of "those" bikes. It runs really good. I was racing a guy this weekend with full yoshi exhaust and paddles and I beat him every time.

Robin Hood
06-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by crewstang
to tell you guys the truth I haven't lost on my stock raptor to any other raptor with just exhaust. I don't go ride every weekend. I think I have one of "those" bikes. It runs really good. I was racing a guy this weekend with full yoshi exhaust and paddles and I beat him every time.

Wow, either your right about your bike, or you've got a nac for racing.

Anywho, Im sure adding a new exhaust and jetting would ensure that you smoke everyone around.:devil:

06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
well how much do you weigh? cuz i do the same thing even heavily modded 450's i can take them with the mods below but i am really light also only about 100 lbs...but if your gunna get an exhaust i suggest the new LRD for sure...i have the old one and im hitten a lil above 46 hp but the power right where i need it i have the natural top end speed of the raptor only about 2-3 mph more then stock but my low to mid range is perect...I beat modded 450s out the hole and on the mx track i get the holeshot of the 450s..i hear then new lrd is even better. but if you have a 686 or somthing bigger then that the LTE would be out standing compared to others

crewstang
06-16-2005, 07:43 AM
No I am average weight, about 175. I am definately goin to get the new lrd or ct. Ct claims 50 hp. Thats what they got in the dirt wheels shootout, but I haven't seen a test on the new lrd. 660r freestyler where did you have yours jetted? Or did you do it yourself. I'm pretty sure I can do it, just don't have much time.

BushManRebel
06-18-2005, 08:37 AM
I have dual LTE night to day difference compared to stock.

06-18-2005, 01:57 PM
i jetted mine my self real simple take off your gass tank and unhook everything and both your carbs should come out completely andi took them in side (was cold out side) and jetted them on my kitchen conter real easy if you get the LRD pr0 4 kit it comes with everythign you need and step my step directions

Robin Hood
06-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
well how much do you weigh? cuz i do the same thing even heavily modded 450's i can take them with the mods below but i am really light also only about 100 lbs...but if your gunna get an exhaust i suggest the new LRD for sure...i have the old one and im hitten a lil above 46 hp but the power right where i need it i have the natural top end speed of the raptor only about 2-3 mph more then stock but my low to mid range is perect...I beat modded 450s out the hole and on the mx track i get the holeshot of the 450s..i hear then new lrd is even better. but if you have a 686 or somthing bigger then that the LTE would be out standing compared to others

Wow only 100 pounds? How old are you? I thought I was light for the rappy at 145. But I guess that helps you beat all them 450's :devil:

06-19-2005, 03:35 PM
haha i turned 13 three months ago

hardkoratvmxr
06-19-2005, 05:06 PM
curtis sparks