PDA

View Full Version : Missouri guys???

crewstang
06-08-2005, 10:17 PM
I am looking for somewhere withine an hour or two from stl to go riding this weekend. Somewhere besides st.joe or finger lake. Let me know guys thanks

4wheelinfun
06-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Ever rode at deepwater? It's probably a little bit further than you would like but it's a very decent place to ride.

superstang
06-12-2005, 03:41 PM
ever been to suttons bluffs??? great place 30 miles of marked trails

cam400ex
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM
try chadwick

4wheelinfun
06-12-2005, 06:19 PM
sutton bluffs, where is this located at?

crewstang
06-12-2005, 08:41 PM
ended up goin to st. Joe. Same old thing. I am goin to try suttons bluff. Been hearing alot about it. Hows the fishing and floatin down there. Wheres deepwater?

GoOn3
06-17-2005, 09:18 AM
deepwater sucks. if it rains 1/2 inch, it takes a month to dry out. only worth it if you live close by, not worth the drive from st. louis.
deepwater sucks, did I already say that?

chadwick is springfield area. rocky, lots of fun, one of the top places in Missouri IMO, but another good drive for you.

you mentioned no st joe or finger lakes, so as far as 'legal' riding places close by you, that's all i know of.

crewstang
06-17-2005, 09:29 AM
NO ANY ILLEGAL PLACES??? JUST KIDDING OR HOW ABOUT PRIVATE AREAS

bwamos
06-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by GoOn3
deepwater sucks. if it rains 1/2 inch, it takes a month to dry out. only worth it if you live close by, not worth the drive from st. louis.
deepwater sucks, did I already say that?

chadwick is springfield area. rocky, lots of fun, one of the top places in Missouri IMO, but another good drive for you.

you mentioned no st joe or finger lakes, so as far as 'legal' riding places close by you, that's all i know of.

Deepwater is about 10min south of Clinton Missouri in Hwy13. About 10-15 miles from Truman Dam. It's right on Truman Lake.

Cooper Creek OHV Area aka. Deepwater (http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/harryst/off_road.htm)

It's not really anyhting to write home about.. but it's close (well closest) to KCMO so we ride there a lot. Finger Lakes is a better riding area.

Chadwick is down in SW missouri. AWSOME riding area. Trails are marked by difficulty, they give even you a great map. One of my favorites.

Directions from Chadwick, MO to Riding Area (http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/chadwick/)

And, jsut look up Deepwater, MO and Chadwick, MO for the cities they are nearest too.

crewstang
06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey do any of you know if you can float at suttons bluff? thanks