PDA

View Full Version : 440 porting question

rustee
06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
hi all great place have goten a lot if useful info here. did my sons 400 to a 440 big bore stage 2 cam heavy duty studs in head no issues. he has been running flat track very well. pleanty of power to spare perhaps to much. like spinning out comming out of corners. putting to much power down. even with wider axel and 10" tires. any how i did not have it ported and polished did a little on the intake side my self. was thinking about getting it done. is there any real bennifit to this will it pull a little more on top end and have better throttle responce. is it worth the 400$ i have no problem paying it if it makes a dif. any info greatley appreciated. also i was thinking or running race fuel rather then pump high test any problems that i should no about thanks guys. rustee...

nosliw
06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
yea port and polish does make a big difference. what compression piston did you put in? an aftermarket carb would also do wonders.

terko440
06-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I had Colby from C&D open mine up a little more so well see how it goes but I'm also going with a bigger bore, different cam and higher compression so who knows but he didnt charge me no $400.00! I dont care if you say money isnt the problem. Please dont pay that much because that's high? Colby said he had a couple of hours in mine and charged me 100.00 dollars granted he didnt have to start from scratch but still. shop around.

Dave400ex
06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Terko let me know how the C&D porting works out for you. I have thought about having Colby do mine up this winter...

rustee
06-08-2005, 09:58 PM
nosliw thanks for the reply i am running a 12.5:1 wiseco piston and stk rod. the conversion went flawless. you mention an aftermarket carb ? i dont seem to be having a fuel problem it is jetted perfect plug is like carmel in color. running emf full exhust system. what can i gain on a carb very intrested thanks nosliw. any idea on what fuel i should be running?

terko440 also thanks for the reply the 400 i was quoted was from a very rep place and includes triple angle valve job. not sure what you had done included this. if it did please drop me a pm!!. and some info on colby!!. thanks !! rustee.....

400sEXridr
06-09-2005, 09:19 AM
When you get a bigger carb, it's not to help the jetting or the mixture, it's to allow more air to flow into the engine. It's just like a big bore, it allows more air/fuel mixture in and produces more horsepower.

hawiianpwr
06-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Colby's Porting mine too. Should be getting it back this weekend! :D

jak1389
06-09-2005, 05:49 PM
im having colby port and polsih mine as well. he is also doing a 3 angle valve job. the port and polish is costing me $175, and the 3 angle valve is $65. i have everything that will be done to my motor in my sig. i bought everything from c&d racing and i will let you know how everything comes out.