PDA

View Full Version : will this hurt it?

Patman250
06-08-2005, 07:40 PM
if i take out the spark arrestor, will it hurt the engine if i ride it like that for a little while?

Cody_300ex
06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
no, take it out.

drifterx
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I've had mine out for a while. Won't hurt it... It is only to quiet it down a bit, but mainly to catch any doubtful sparks that might emit from the exhaust.

bwamos
06-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Depends on where you live.
Midwest or Non-Forested areas take her out.
East or West Coast forests.. better put her back in. Dry fir trees don't take well to sparks. Smokey the bear will come kick your butt.

nman
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
no it wont go ahead and take it out. Belive it or not it just might give you a little more power depending on what type it is plus it'll make it sound better.

tedscrappy300
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
i did it on my 300ex but only for a little bit, then I got my FMF. If you leave it off for a long time. It has no back pressure for the exhaust valves, which can burn them up. I've never seen it happen but it does. Just buy a pipe and be done with it. Thats what I did.

It does give you more power, on bottom end especially.
Try it, its your valves.:ermm:

Cody_300ex
06-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by tedscrappy300
i did it on my 300ex but only for a little bit, then I got my FMF. If you leave it off for a long time. It has no back pressure for the exhaust valves, which can burn them up. I've never seen it happen but it does. Just buy a pipe and be done with it. Thats what I did.

It does give you more power, on bottom end especially.
Try it, its your valves.:ermm:

Wow you REALLY need to look threw your stock exhaust and then threw you FMF. Unless you cut ALL of your exhaust off(including header) your not goin to burn up your valves. How valves get bent is when they get hot then cold air touches them it cools the metal too fast, bending them.