PDA

View Full Version : something's wtong

megadeath
06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
ok i have a 05 trx450r, got put on my new jd performance
+2 long travel arms and tcs shocks.
the problem right side is about 1/2 1 out more then the left
side, nothing bent that i can see and have not ridden the bike yet.
any ideas at all.?

thanks again
:grr:

Pappy
06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
i ran your post thru my dislexic editor and i think your saying one side is 1 and 1/2 inches wider then the other:confused:

if thats the case you need to be calling JD and seeing if they possibly shipped a miss matched set of arms.

TheFontMaster
06-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Ummm well what I got out of it is that ether the ball joints or tie rod ends aren't aligned properly.

megadeath
06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
sorry for the way tried to tell you the problem i am having.
left side is 1/2 narrower then the right side.

both wheels are aligned up straight up and toe seems to straight ahead also.
i did ride the bike down the street rides ok, but something is not right.
not sure what to change.
also ready called jd performance.
something else i noticed was the left upper ball joint adjustment screw is about 2-3 theads less the right side.
i am wandering if should unbolt then and tried to reset up again.
i really hope this is a better wording on my problem
:(

toby400ex
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Where are you from?:confused:

megadeath
06-09-2005, 06:05 AM
WHERE AM I FROM ?
WHAT DOES THAT MATTER?
CALF.

250xTrailRider
06-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i ran your post thru my dislexic editor and i think your saying one side is 1 and 1/2 inches wider then the other:confused:

if thats the case you need to be calling JD and seeing if they possibly shipped a miss matched set of arms.

He says that he is from Calif. That must be how it is out there... On a more serious note megadeath I would say that you should take it all apart again and compare your pieces side by side. Take the lowers and put them side by side and see if they look visually the same. Do the same with the uppers. Then look at the joints them selves look for anything out of the ordinary. I assume the JD arms use heim joints not ball joints so when you make your compare either remove the ends or run them in tight. If you are uncomfortable with this try to at least make them equal. Like if one side is two turns out make sure that the other side is two out. Do the same comparisian with the tie rods. That should get you equal. You state "also ready called jd performance." what was there response?