PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad choice?

Pappy
06-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Cody's 12th birthday is friday and all he has been wanting is a new bike. So I shipped him off to his grandparents until friday and went shopping.

After passing on the normal bmx bike that I have to fix a zillion times i bought him this.

sampleez
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
looks good. but ya need to pc the frame to match his 90 :eek2: that'd be a pretty sweet looking bike

dober250R
06-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I've had my diamondback for quite some time now, and I haven't had anything break on it yet......................... I have a diamondback joker.

Pappy
06-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
I've had my diamondback for quite some time now, and I haven't had anything break on it yet......................... I have a diamondback joker.

thats good to hear. this is a Venom 5:confused:

its been a long...A LONG...time since i rode BMX:( things sure have changed.

kicken250x
06-08-2005, 06:08 PM
thats a pretty nice bike, i got a buddy that has that same bike only has the chain guard and the reflecters taken off. hes insane ive seen him come off a 20 drop into a 3 ft quarter pipe looking thing and busted both tubes but didnt bend the rims or do anything to the frame. that bike has been through hell and back... in 6 months!! he just put new bigger hubs on it because he bent his other ones from doing peg stalls a wall and from droping the bike. idk if cody is anywhere near like this guy but from the way he rocks out on the wheeler idk...but i think hell like the bike a lot!!

DH400EX
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
diamondback makes some pretty good bikes. i still like my haro though.

Syrus
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Yup its a good bike, just adjust handle bars, and seat for him so he can jump that bad boy. DB is a good company, i just sold mine. For the price of their bikes, you cant beat it !

Warnerade
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
ive had a Diamond back XXX for quite some time now...id realy like to sell it for some cash..anyone interested? its in great shape...

Mxjunkie
06-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I cant wait to see what he does on that! Might need to lower the seat hes a short kid isnt he? :p Be sure to check the crank arm bolts, over time they come loose and the crank arm will come off, happened to me going down the road lol, I check mine alot. Diamond back is a good brand, they last quite awhile! I beat my diamondback session and it lasted 2 years.

You could make him some dirt rollers, table top then buy some of those factor kickers :)

Punk'd
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Sweet bike he'll like it:macho

MotoX3
06-08-2005, 08:03 PM
that should be nice....i have a joker and its held up to ALOT of abuse....ran it over with my go cart, ran it into a wall and all it did was bend the bars back....there tough, but a lil heavy

rollie
06-08-2005, 08:19 PM
yeah, thats a good bike,

diamondback makes some pretty good bikes. i still like my haro though.

idk about that i do ride a haro supra but i only like there older bike,there new ones dont cut it for me JMO

hey pappy he needs a sweet pc job, i painted mine silvervain with john deere green parts:D looks trick haha

TheFontMaster
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Diomondbacks are up there in quality. Deffinatey one of the better companies, and way better than anything you will fing a wally world.

zlam27
06-08-2005, 10:08 PM
pappy, do you want to me my dad too...?:devil:

all i want for my birthday is a ferarri, ill let you take it from there...

LTZ400rider
06-08-2005, 10:40 PM
i use to have a 1000 dollar bike but it got stolen, it was a standard STA and it had everything on it. i always use to race and still have my GT box series frame, aluminum and weights less than 3 pounds maybe

theTman
06-09-2005, 01:41 PM
i had a diamond back....took good care of it...in the course of 2 motnhs...the seat post where the shaft slides into the frame was cracked...my brakes were shot..the bars never stayed tight...

i dotnlike diamond back

bigfoot300ex
06-09-2005, 03:51 PM
i used to love riding bmx and freestyle and all of that until i broke my arm twice in 6 months and the second time i had to have surgery and a titanium rod screwed into my arm
lesson learned:dont mix motocross tracks with bmx bikes...it hurts lol
so now im in the safe sport of quad racing and have only broken my leg
just let him get used to the bike before he starts jumping a lot

ShiftFMX
06-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Sweetbike, Heres my old Haro when i fisrt got it...

Those reflectors gotta go :devil:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/foxrider511/Bike%20.jpg

06-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Lmao! You ask us how it is before ya buy. Thats how papps rolls!

Pappy
06-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
Lmao! You ask us how it is before ya buy. Thats how papps rolls!

well i figured it was a decent bike and way better then his old wally world special. i just figured if it was junk i would still have time to take it back before he got it etc.

Ralph
06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
from my personal experiences, when i was younger the walmart bikes were always better because they were made for kids so they were alot lighter. These bikes are aimed at adults but he will still love the thing.

knighttime
06-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
from my personal experiences, when i was younger the walmart bikes were always better because they were made for kids so they were alot lighter. These bikes are aimed at adults but he will still love the thing.

are you talkin' about cowbells or bikes:huh

plus, pappys boys look like they are pretty f'n strong, i think he can handle the bike

lol

:scary:

JDiablo
06-09-2005, 10:09 PM
i use to ride BMX alot,i just got into it again,but im selling my bike soon...hey Pappy...want to buy it 750.00 its yours :devil:

06-09-2005, 10:11 PM
is he into bmx like jumpen and stunting and what not? or does he just ride? post some pics once hes riden it

FourFiftyFour
06-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I had a Diamondback Viper in junior high, it was a good bike even thought I sucked trying to jump ramps with it.

JDiablo
06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
is he into bmx like jumpen and stunting and what not? or does he just ride? post some pics once hes riden it

lol i dont think he does 5 ft air jumps,lol

JOEX
06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Where's the motor:confused: :devil: :p

popo
06-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
thats good to hear. this is a Venom 5:confused:

its been a long...A LONG...time since i rode BMX:( things sure have changed.

Dude I saw your so called BMX bike,with the banna seat with the high back bar, playing cards in da spokes and skinny tire up front.

Pappy
06-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by popo
Dude I saw your so called BMX bike,with the banna seat with the high back bar, playing cards in da spokes and skinny tire up front.

whats your point:grr: :D

Scro
06-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Haha, i dont get kids these days....i have three cousins, all under the age of nine, and they all ride either dirtbikes or 4wheelers, and what do they spend most of their time doing? building ramps for their skates and bicycles. I know if i were that age and had a garage full of 4wheelers, I wouldn't even think about things that you had to actually work to make it move...lololol

Out_Sider
06-11-2005, 06:44 PM
i have a Specialized 415 bmx bike, and right where my front end attaches to the frame i have stress marks on my welds and all the paint has chipped off the welds in that area.. i dont even ride hard, all i do is jump it off ditch banks onto roads and stuf, that bike looks sweet tho :)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-11-2005, 08:02 PM
yea lets see if he can get as much air he can on his quad:D

build him a 20 footer for that badboy lol jp

nice bike for him though, it would look sick if u painted it it like tommys white and green 400ex:eek2: