PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach...

xxxspank
06-08-2005, 02:49 PM
We are going on the 25th, doing some sand camping.

Has anyone gone there before??...its my 1rst time going

SAND LUVR
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
First and most important thing is air down your truck. If you have 4x4 good but if not you should be fine.
Dont park to close to the water because tide will creep up on you. Check to see when low tide is so you can cross the stream.
I cant think of anything else at the moment.

xxxspank
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, they told me about the Water....... Well my truck is a 2wd.... but ill have a jeep on a flat tow.... so if i get stuck ill use it to get me out..... good call on the Air down.

Whats the Area Like ? and what is there to do?

is it anything like Glamis or something..

SAND LUVR
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Dont stop driving until you located your spot you want. If you stop there is a good chance you will get stuck. I always locate my buddies then drive to them and stop where I plan to keep my truck. Its alot smaller then glamis. Then have some nice little hills to go up. Then have a drag stip in the back where every one races. You might want to see if its going to be windy. If it is then it sucks until the wind dies. oh yes be sure to air down the trailer as well. Cant think of anything else.

tstrenuous10
06-13-2005, 06:11 PM
there are 6 poles. trash is at pole 2. quads cant go past here. maybe get there around low tide depending on what you drive. makes it way easier to get in and out. like he said in the first post DONT STOP. you WILL get stuck when your trying to park your rig. dune entrance is around poles 3 and 4 but you can ride right up after pole 3. normally quieter above pole 3 and closer to 5. there is a fence after pole 6. TIDE WILL COME HIGH AND CAN TAKE CHAIRS AND TOOLBOXES AND ANYTHING ELSE LEFT OUT. wind is a bear to deal with. really strong. BE CAREFUL IN THE DUNES. since there is so much wind you cant just remember a certian bowl or dune to find your way back. you could ride to comp hill and take the same trail back and the dunes could change. sand is going to stick to EVERYTHING you take there so plan on cleaning for a while. i use to go there a lot. im from san jose and morgan hill area. MOST people are respectful and helpful but there is always that group. everyone knows who they are. let their dogs run around and poop in your camp and tell you to shove off for telling them to watch their dog. its a fun place but people come in all night long on a busy weekend. not sure if they will be doing it but they limit the number of people allowed on the beach so call ahead and reserve a spot. rangers are pricks and will bust you for speeding pretty fast. if someone is new to going out take them down SAND HIGHWAY. the poles are numbered the same as the ones you see coming in. really easy way to find your way home. comp hill is lame now. while back it was taller and steaper. have fun.

tstrenuous10
06-13-2005, 06:13 PM
o yeah....area. really nice. lots of shops and stuff to do. easy to find dinner if you want to explore town for a little bit. some place close by are good but its san luis obispo. sea food galore. youll see it coming in off the freeway. there is also a safeway or something like that right off the freeway. in and out burger too....mmmm.