PDA

View Full Version : carb adjustments for wheelies

exrider89
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
can i do something to the carb, like and adjustment to help do 1st gear wheelies easier withought using the throttle. is there an idle screw that i can loosen to make it idle a little faster. i ride a 400ex thanks

06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
that how you do a no handed manual what you do is crank your idle up rly high then do a normal wheelie un till you are up to your balancing point and then let go of the throttle and you should be avble to control it completely wiht you brake (let off the break to go up put on the brake to go down)

300extreme#8
06-08-2005, 06:51 PM
hope u don't plan on ridin a wheelie without using the throttle:confused: dude listen,use ur clutch it's nothin hard,practice till u know what ur doin,wheelie r the easist things to do ,just start at a dead stop ,pull the clutch in and rev it up and pop the clutch , and lean back , u don't have to do any work to ur powe just to ride a wheelie ,my goodness.. hahaha

LukeEX
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
On a 400ex you dont even have to pop the clutch just stop then leanback and gun it, it pulls back like a piece of cake.

dickens07
06-08-2005, 08:10 PM
i know how to do a wheelie, i have it mastered i just want to start doing trick wheelies on a 12 bar and i was wondering if you had any info on how to set my idle up to where when i get it balanced i dont need to use the throttle much. i am not trying to be a dick but i can ride wheelies just fine but i just want to do slow fun trick wheelies.:devil:

06-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
that how you do a no handed manual what you do is crank your idle up rly high then do a normal wheelie un till you are up to your balancing point and then let go of the throttle and you should be avble to control it completely wiht you brake (let off the break to go up put on the brake to go down)

thats how you would do it and you can do no handed manuals this way to

those directions are curticy of Josh Lanphear cu when it comes to stunting hes the man to ask

keshon
06-09-2005, 04:17 AM
their is a screw right below the choke that you turn to adjust the idle. The only reason you should mess with it is for no handed stuff. I can slow it all the way down to a stop and start going with out messing with it. But you can't ride it 2 long with out your hand on the throttle with out messing with it

JLanphear
06-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
hope u don't plan on ridin a wheelie without using the throttle:confused:

hehehe.....haven't you seen no-handed wheelies? You don't touch the throttle, you just crank your idle up and use the brake to keep the wheelie going.

Yeah, as the others said, just turn the screw under your carb....it's on the left side (if you are sitting on the quad) and it's pretty large, you can't really miss it. You can typically turn them with your hands.

You will also want to make sure you have good back brakes...that can make or break a no-handed wheelie (no pun intended). I can't do them for crap on my 400ex...maybe 75ft tops, but more like 30-40ft on average....but on my buddies Z400 with good brakes, I can go over 300ft plus no problem....just wish I had a bigger parking lot to use because you could probably go forever it's so sweet.

good luck man.

-Josh