PDA

View Full Version : BMX riders, please read !

Syrus
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Alright i know theres a few BMX riders here, dirt jumpers etc... Ive been talking to my friend who has a '04 Free Agent Team Limo bike, bought for $950 cdn last season, selling it to me for $450. http://www.freeagentbmx.com/05-team_limo.htm

I just wanna hear some input on this model of bike, pro's n cons. Would really help, thanks guys !

Syrus
06-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Anyone ?

blaster_rider68
06-08-2005, 05:33 PM
personally i just dont like the whole free-agent line.............they have horrible crank problems(such as you need new bb bearings all the time):ermm:

Syrus
06-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
personally i just dont like the whole free-agent line.............they have horrible crank problems(such as you need new bb bearings all the time):ermm:

Its called casual maintience my friend :)

Mxjunkie
06-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I'd pay 300-350. bikes dont hold their value to well, sad but true. I like free agent my friend from school hasnt had any problems with his, any bike you beat to death and not mataine will die over time. I say get it.

It looks to me that its a race bike so it will be light, I wouldnt ride street with it but you could probaly ride dirt and such.

If you have ne more questions my yahoo s.n is mxjunkie69 and my aim is bmx4life346 :)

Syrus
06-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Mxjunkie, i have msn :/ but i do have some questions. Its gonna be ridden street and dirt, sometimes at the skatepark. Whats the big deal with riding it street ? I really need this bike, if i dont insure my car. And i dont think he will go any lower then $450-400, ill talk to him tomorrow when i go see the bike again.

Remember these are canadian prices.

rollie
06-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68

thats regular matniece, you should have seen the ball barrings in the vegas when me and morg took it apart:eek: there where like 4 balls left aha, how much is 450 canidian in amreican $$?? lol:confused:

LTZ400rider
06-08-2005, 11:14 PM
if i was buying a complete bike id get like one of them s&m dirtbikes or whatever, if they still exist. i havent rode a bike in 3 years

wtz400
06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
it really depends on what u ride...personally i love freeagent and haro(and others to) if ur guna race buy the limo its a good deal if it is in good shape. its one of the lightest bikes on the market...if u jump anything its **** the frame will crack right away. but w/ the parts it comes w/ u wont have a crank problem, and its an all around awsome bike for racing. hope i helped.

06-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
how much is 450 canidian in amreican $$?? lol:confused:

363.75$ :p

wtz400
06-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Mxjunkie, i have msn :/ but i do have some questions. Its gonna be ridden street and dirt, sometimes at the skatepark. Whats the big deal with riding it street ? I really need this bike, if i dont insure my car. And i dont think he will go any lower then $450-400, ill talk to him tomorrow when i go see the bike again.

Remember these are canadian prices. do not buy this bike u can get a bike for street and dirt that will do just fine for that price. it is meant to race not jump or ride rails w/. the frame will crack and eventually break. get a hellcat or flying fortress (if all ur looking at is freeagen) they will be a lot better for ur riding style than that team limo will cuz if u ride street or dirt u r just wasting ur money. i repeat it will break.
msn messenger-gtosblack@hotmail.com

Mxjunkie
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
he shouldnt have a problem riding it at trails and dirtjumps, but the wheels and such they use on race bikes wont take the abuse street riding dishes out. I have alex tripple walls, 3 wall rim, and I bent the first pair I bought, over jumped something and flat landed BAD lol

Mxjunkie
06-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
if i was buying a complete bike id get like one of them s&m dirtbikes or whatever, if they still exist. i havent rode a bike in 3 years

They are almost 600 dollars, soo in canda thats alot of money, they are badass bikes though, hopefully I'll have one next spring :cool:

They offer a pro and expert now for the s&m, one has tripple walls the other doesnt and a few other misc changes.

wtz400
06-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
he shouldnt have a problem riding it at trails and dirtjumps, but the wheels and such they use on race bikes wont take the abuse street riding dishes out. I have alex tripple walls, 3 wall rim, and I bent the first pair I bought, over jumped something and flat landed BAD lol i disagree because the limo is made for racing and i know some people who have jumped them and cracked the frames. im not trying to tell u what to do if u want it get it, but i think u will be dissapointed w/ it.

06-21-2005, 06:27 PM
They are almost 600 dollars, soo in canda thats alot of money,

739.49$ CDN :p

06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
it is sad how badly bikes loose their value. I have probly 800$ into my bike. I wouldent expect to get any more than 300 for it.

Mxjunkie
06-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by wtz400
i disagree because the limo is made for racing and i know some people who have jumped them and cracked the frames. im not trying to tell u what to do if u want it get it, but i think u will be dissapointed w/ it.

In bmx racing they do 20ft doubles etc, the frames arent going to crack unless you flatland the HELL out of it over and over again for a long period of time. :ermm:

raptorman2001
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
dude hop on that **** i had mine and put a big *** dent in the side and sold it 500 your getting a good deal if you dont buy it i will lol

Flip_SideEX
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
In bmx racing they do 20ft doubles etc, the frames arent going to crack unless you flatland the HELL out of it over and over again for a long period of time. :ermm: ya but racers do it so smoothly. if u can ride trails that smooth by all means do it.