PDA

View Full Version : lost your seat??? heres the seat mod

QuadJunkies
06-08-2005, 10:34 AM
this is what we done to help make your seat a little more sturdier...I have been asked this by several riders lately,so I thought I would copy this down with what we done to keep your seat on and in place Permanently..Hopefully this will help some........

The seat is caused by a few things.....Depending on how bad its damaged it might still be repairable....... To start with, the hole in the sub frame for the seat latch will gouge out,and allow the seat to rock back and forth allowing the seat latch to pop off.... And the front groove that goes into the tank bolt that holds the seat on, that plastic in that groove will break away........ To solve the back end of the seat issues,call HardRock Motor sports and talk to Jason and will solve any movement at the back of the seat..... And to fix the front broken or gouged platic mount to the seat take the seat cover pull it off about six inchexs,pull the padding back,cut out the old plastic,either you or someone else who can Fab or can cut stainless cut to fit ,make the groove, and rivet it in replacing the old broken plastic.The back piece from HardRock is a Billet Aluminum plate that actually bolts the seat to the SubFrame..And the front being stainless wont break away there fore no more movement in front or rear.Otherwise a new seat will run you around 280.00 Approx. in price and the problem will happen again.This seat mod has now lated us all year with NO SEAT LOSS........Hope this helps..... Tina

This is the modified front seat mod....

QuadJunkies
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
HardRock rear seat mod slightly modified....

QuadJunkies
06-08-2005, 11:02 AM
for a many riders the cotter pin seems to work.
for some riders who race this fix wont work for long......... Polaris solution to the problem was to run a hitch pin threw the seat latch keeping the seat from popping off from the rear,but there was still movement from front to back and evetually the front of the seat will desinigrate and the seat will not stay on reguardless....Trust me..We were on our third seat this year and after just one moto a brand new seat was worthless and completely broke on the front

I hope this mod comes in handy , I know it was for us . :)