PDA

View Full Version : Got my Z453 today..

TRXoutlaw51
06-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know I got my Z today with the CT Racing 453 kit... Some of my boys got 450r's piped and jetted... HA HA.. got'em by a quad and a half. But the YFZ450's pipped and jetted.. unfortunetly side by side! But all in all, point is I wanted to be different and still hang wit the big dogs!! And I'm doin just fine!! I have absolutly no problems, and recommended!! Let me know what you guys think.. if you think the kit was worth it? I'll have pics up tomorrow!

z400roosteR
06-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Sweet

yoshimurakfx400
06-08-2005, 10:45 AM
sounds sweet cant wait for pics

dpizz450
06-08-2005, 02:17 PM
If it's bored out to a 453, shouldnt it be smoking YFZ and Rs? By atleast 3 or 4 quad lenthgs? Maybe i'm wrong, but geez, all that money and what not to bore it out, and your still side by side? Hmmm.....idk something sounds missing....:confused:

TRXoutlaw51
06-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Well I had to do some more tuning to it... Now I just rejetted it cuz when I ran the R's and YFZ's it was on the DYNATEK stock setting and prejetted KEIHIN carb. Talked to CT Racing got some recommended specs, reprogrammed the ignition with a different curve, rev limit is now set at 12,000 but still might be alittle on the lean side in the high revs... but after all that I raced my boys R again and my first descently modded raptor, HOLY CHIT did I give those craps a beatin!! DYNATEK said with the setting they gave me, I shoulda picked up another 4hp... I'll tell ya guys, from start to finish its pure power!!

lsittingbull
06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Sounds great TRXoutlaw51, keep up the good work, people don`t realize what a z with a few mods can do. :muscle:

ramp rida 55
06-08-2005, 08:11 PM
sweet deal. that 453 should crap on the built yamahas. my 435 can smoke some of the better built yfz's out there

TRXoutlaw51
06-08-2005, 09:07 PM
you know best part about it, theres some good motor guys out there that do 450 kits to these, but what I like about CT Racing... the guarentee their work and promise over 50hp. If it doesnt produce 50+, they will take it back, replace evrything again, re work your head, and do whatever else they need to. Thats what sold me on it! I appriciate how helpful they were on the phone along with DYNATEK. Both companys were very polite and happy to answer any questions. I just like bein able to dog the big boys with Z400 on the side!! :macho

06-09-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't know if the ct kits arent as powerful as the yoshis,

but Ive seen yoshi 450 z's KILL piped/cammed trx450's and yfz's.

by up to 13 quad lengths

06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
cant wait till suzuki comes out wit their own 450,like 2 more months or so
i just cant fn wait :p

MR.BIG
06-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TRXoutlaw51
you know best part about it, theres some good motor guys out there that do 450 kits to these, but what I like about CT Racing... the guarentee their work and promise over 50hp. If it doesnt produce 50+, they will take it back, replace evrything again, re work your head, and do whatever else they need to. Thats what sold me on it! I appriciate how helpful they were on the phone along with DYNATEK. Both companys were very polite and happy to answer any questions. I just like bein able to dog the big boys with Z400 on the side!! :macho

So how do you know your motor is putting out 50hp, do you have a dyno to run it on. You said you can beat piped and cammed 450's but what about when they put the high compression pistons in and the aftermarket carbs. I am skeptical! I have run z400's with the 440 kits and I can beat them so maybe the people you racing aren't as good of a rider as you!

TRXoutlaw51
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
So how do you know your motor is putting out 50hp, do you have a dyno to run it on. You said you can beat piped and cammed 450's but what about when they put the high compression pistons in and the aftermarket carbs. I am skeptical! I have run z400's with the 440 kits and I can beat them so maybe the people you racing aren't as good of a rider as you!

Whats up. I hear you but the CT RAcing kit comes with a dyno sheet and a gaurentee for 50+hp... Now obviously when you go crazy into the motor on like a YFZ or even an R they're gonna beat me. Im only alittle better then them right now :macho . Not by much. I only said pipped and jetted 450's... not cammed!! lol!!:p

z4racer
06-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I have a very similar set-up that you have. I have the Max-Power 453 kit with a 41mm FCR, Dyna ignition and Hot Cams.

What curve are you running on the ignition and what are your carb setting:

Air Fuel screw - 1 turn out
Pilot Jet - 52
Needle - 3rd clip from the bottom
Main Jet. - 172

I have listed my settings and I am running lean.

FYI,
I had a yoshi 450 before this and this kit is very close to the yoshi. No disapointment here.

Thanks

MR.BIG
06-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by TRXoutlaw51
Whats up. I hear you but the CT RAcing kit comes with a dyno sheet and a gaurentee for 50+hp... Now obviously when you go crazy into the motor on like a YFZ or even an R they're gonna beat me. Im only alittle better then them right now :macho . Not by much. I only said pipped and jetted 450's... not cammed!! lol!!:p

No thats cool I was just wondering how you know. That is probably a really good set up. When you race the 450's you should tell them you just have bolt ons and them you smoke them that would be funny. Good luck with it because CT builds good stuff!

BlueZ440
06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
When you race the 450's you should tell them you just have bolt ons and them you smoke them that would be funny.

THAT'S WHAT I DO...ALL I HAVE IS A 440 KIT WITH CAMS AND DYNA AND I KEEP UP AND BEAT 450'S RIGHT AND LEFT..:cool:

I TELL THEM IS STOCK WITH A PIPE..:D :devil:

TRXoutlaw51
06-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I just talked to CT Racing about a few things again today for some fine tuning.. I have a full ALBA Racing exhaust thats completely wide open and huge!..lol!! CT said I may be loosing like 3hp, but Im curious what some of you 440 and other 450 guys with similer kits run? I also have 13:1 compression so not sure what you guys are running. let me know!

As for what the carb is set at, not sure, I had to ask cuz the motor came complete. I just got to bolt it in!! They custom tune it after they get it. But the keihin carb already comes pre-jetted anyway. But Im definetly finding out for you "z4racer" cuz Im not lean at all. This chit is perfect!! And as for for the DYNATEK ING, I was told to run it on curve 2. Curve 1 is almost the same, just not as agressive. Curve 3 sucks!! And the there is stock. I also only run CAM2 fuel which helps out alot.

BlueZ440
06-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I run Yoshi full system..and the Dyna set on curve 2..as for the carb well..I'm still using the stock:eek: :ermm:

z4racer
06-10-2005, 02:47 PM
I am running a HMF full system. I started out with a CT racing exhaust but I prefer the HMF.

TRXoutlaw51
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by z4racer
I am running a HMF full system. I started out with a CT racing exhaust but I prefer the HMF.

See thats what I really wanted to know. CT said they prefer I used their exhaust cuz it was dyno proven :huh , but I just think theres something better. I was really planning on goin with the LRD PRO 4 or FMF FACTORY 4 :macho ... z4racer, did you notice any performance gains or loses between the two you've had? The LRD or FMF is exactly the same as the HMF anyway if I choose one of them... but the CT has those plates like the WBeSeries.. not sure i like that type.. Thanks for your input fellas!

z4racer
06-10-2005, 06:33 PM
TRXoutlaw51,

I noticed a significant bottom end improvement with the HMF exhaust and would not use the CT pipe at all. I did try the CT pipe with multiple disk combinations and even an open end race cap. I still have the CT pipe but I would never install it again.

I race MX, so I really need the bottom end performance from the HMF.

06-10-2005, 07:40 PM
post some pics of ur z bro

TRXoutlaw51
06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
I know I been slackin.. just tryin to tune the hell outta this thing. Its fast as chit right now, but i know its got more in her!! I'll try for some pics tomorrow... I wanna see z4racer's Z!!:eek2: