PDA

View Full Version : Best friend just got drafted into the MLB/Farm system

LiveToRide1930
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM
i just got word my friends brother,who i know perosonally and my family is good with theres but he got drafted by the LA Dodgers, and im hoping i get my chance one day but for now im only in 9th grade and on varsity,so i guess thats a start.But his name is Steve Johnson and is a hec of a picture so all u dodgers fans have a good pictures coming to you,and did i mention that he is only 18!!! its crazy,i think they offered him 150,000 but turned down and then they called him back up and i dont know what the final deal is but its gonna be big money

LiveToRide1930
06-07-2005, 08:40 PM
his dad was in the major's also,Dave Johnson and he played with the pirate's,tiger's and oriole's

sweet300ex
06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
what position does he play?

06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
what position does he play? picture i guess is a pitcher

440exnacsracer
06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
pretty cool man, i graduated this year and one of my best friends is a prospect, either for the Angels or Red sox. im gonna miss him if he moves to cali lol. good luck and keep at it in high school

bad01300ex
06-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey cool man my cousin just got drafted to the Colorado rockies, hes a pitcher here at GA State. Hes got to go to the farm team deal too but itll still be cool.

derekhonda
06-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by LiveToRide1930
i just got word my friends brother,who i know perosonally and my family is good with theres but he got drafted by the LA Dodgers, and im hoping i get my chance one day but for now im only in 9th grade and on varsity,so i guess thats a start.But his name is Steve Johnson and is a hec of a picture so all u dodgers fans have a good pictures coming to you,and did i mention that he is only 18!!! its crazy,i think they offered him 150,000 but turned down and then they called him back up and i dont know what the final deal is but its gonna be big money

Cracks me up that you play baseball too and you can't even spell one of the positions remotely correct.

Congrats to your friend, maybe one day they will put a "picture" of him "pitching" on a baseball card.

LiveToRide1930
06-08-2005, 04:32 AM
lol,i know how to spell it i just dont look when i type and its been screwing me up latly but who cares,yeah this kids throws about90-93 average,and this other kid herby throw 98 and its only 18 too

440exnacsracer
06-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LiveToRide1930
lol,i know how to spell it i just dont look when i type and its been screwing me up latly but who cares,yeah this kids throws about90-93 average,and this other kid herby throw 98 and its only 18 too

thats it! bad marks for you this semester in english on atvriders!

asa_2
06-09-2005, 02:40 AM
That is pretty awesome, just remember very few can make a living out of sports.

dpizz450
06-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by asa_2
That is pretty awesome, just remember very few can make a living out of sports.

are you kidding me? I think if you are going pro into basically any major sport, you are going to be making quite a bit of money! IDK where your from but here they do.

I-7
06-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
are you kidding me? I think if you are going pro into basically any major sport, you are going to be making quite a bit of money! IDK where your from but here they do.

I think he means that there isn't a lot of people that are good enough to actually make a living off of a sport.

400exrules
06-09-2005, 06:50 PM
i feel sorry for basketball players, they are the most under payed ppl i can think of :o

we should donate money to all poor NBA families

shanej06
06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
im from a little town in the upper penninsula of michigan and my best friend is a jr. in high school. He holds every home run record in school history and has been on varsity since he was in 8th grade. He hits about 1 or 2 home runs a game in 1 of the bigger ball parks in michigan. I think he is going to msu on a full ride scholarship, and he is dumb as a rock, i told him he is buying me the best quad available when he is making millions in the MLB, but if any of you has heard of kevin tapani, he went to our high school and played for the twins, he was a pitcher.

2002400ex
06-11-2005, 12:47 AM
My cousin broke the high school home run record in Alabama a few years ago. He played college ball for a few years and i dont know what he is up to now. I think he plays AAA ball.

Hondadudeehhhh
06-11-2005, 02:53 PM
watching farm team baseball is so much more fun than pro baseball. Pro baseball players are the laziest people on the Earth! haha thats cool though. A girl that graduated from my school last year is one of the starting Pitchers for the Michigan Softball team and they just won the championship. Pretty cool

yamablaster24
06-11-2005, 04:22 PM
my friends brother is a left handed pitcher and plays farm league for seattle. His name is Ryan Feirabend and just graduated. It stinks because we can get free tickets but they are all the way across the US lol