PDA

View Full Version : Carb?

JRP
06-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Should i get the crf carb or a edelbrock carb. Im gonna run the HRC kit and either a rossier or a PC pipe. What would be my best combination. Im lookin to race MX.

Airik79mx
06-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Get the FCR carb from the CRF bike for sure.

EvilJester400EX
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
What he said ^, and also get the Rossier pipe.

JRP
06-08-2005, 06:53 PM
How much does the FCR Carb cost? and does the carb just connect the same way my stock one does?

Airik79mx
06-08-2005, 08:37 PM
The shop I work for sells them for about $600 ready to install with clutch lever/hot start. E-mail any questions to www.Kyle@Cernics.com

86atc250r
06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
FCR for sure - there are many reasons why it's better - but just trust us on this one.

The one from the CRF costs anywhere from $350-$400. You'll need an adapter which costs around $65. The stock throttle & hot start will work.

With a little digging you can find the TPS wiring cross reference. Just make sure the one you use was posted by someone who knows what they're doing - I've seen bogus cross references posted before.

When finished it makes for a very clean, reliable, and good running install.

Many of the pre packaged "kits" like mentioned above come with trick hotstarts and levers - so if you would like that stuff & don't want to mess with installing the adapter & rewiring the 3 TPS wires, they're sometimes a good value.

Also - don't get too stuck on which pipe to buy -- many people will claim that one pipe is far superior to another but in reality most all of them perform nearly the same. I'd personally base more of the choice on which you feels looks, and will hold up the best. Breaking aftermarket pipes has always been a problem when the quad is ridden hard.

Personally, I've run a PC and a HMF on my machine. Both pipes run well, but I can't give an honest evaluation of which is "better" because I changed a lot of stuff along the way & at the same time. I'm currently running the PC - it looks cool on my setup and seems to perform well.

As far as setup goes --- Get a higher compression piston (somewhere between 12 & 13:1 is a nice, reliable place to be), the HRC cam, FCR carb, and the pipe of your choice & you will have a great running machine.