PDA

View Full Version : Kfx 700 ?

660Grizz04
06-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I was just wondering how fast the KFX 700 is stock .... What would you guys suggest ... i am about to get a new quad and i either want a raptor or the kfx .... I'm a yamaha man myself but i like the auto on the kfx becaues i have an 04 grizz right now .... i dont know if i could go back to the clutch ...

YFZ450Ridr
06-07-2005, 04:22 PM
what kind of riding do you typiclly do? i dont have first hand experience on the 700 but from what i know, they have MAD power and speed, even with the auto tranny.

the raptor, despite what people say, is a great bike IMO. it runs great and has gobs of power for any type of riding. yes it is a little bit top heavy, but it can be dealed with nicely when you throw some yfz front shocks on the front, direct bolt up.

personally i would take the raptor because of the manual shifting, but if you prefer the auto tranny from your grizzley then the kfx might be for you. i would say these 2 are pretty evenly matched about every where and would shine in dunes and trails. the predator 500 is also a good bike to compare the kfx and raptor to, but it is a manual 5 speed.

660Grizz04
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Well i meen i like the idea of the manual shifting ... ive drove quads before but i dont know if i could get used to it right away ..... my buddy has a 250X .... maybe i will see if he will let me borrow if for a day or something just to get the hang of the clutching ... I like the raptor .... but i was thinking v force becaues of the auto .... i would rather go with the raptor ... I will just have to think about if for a while ...
How fast does the raptor go stock anyone know ??? Thanks alot guys ...

YFZ450Ridr
06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
a raptor stock will go give or take about 76 i think. it takes a little longer to get to top speed because it weighs a little more than other quads, but its a fast one. as for the kfx700, i think its right around there too, with the mighty v twin 700 it has.

also another thing to think about is if you ride rocky or rutted out trails, or any place where its a ground clearance issue, you will want to lean more to the kfx700 because it is shaft drive and has alot more clearance with shaft than a chain and sproket.

660Grizz04
06-08-2005, 03:11 PM
You know what .... ive never really thought about that .... But i guess instead of buy ing a new quad i will just sell my dad my grizz and look in the free trader .... then how ever much money i have i will buy one for like a grand less then have a grand to put in it in aftermarket parts .... It sounds like a better idea to ....

YFZ450Ridr
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
good luck with your decision:muscle:

DESDAK4
06-09-2005, 06:56 AM
I have two 700s and have rode Raptors. There is no way I would trade either of my 700s for a Raptor. My wifes 700 has about 50 bucks in performance parts and it will stay with and most times beat a Raptor. Mine has a lot more work and I can take about anything that lines up with me that has similar mods. The 700 is a great ride also, you can just ride it all day.

Jay