PDA

View Full Version : fun slow trick wheelies

exrider89
06-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I have an 04 400 ex and it is a really good wheelie bike but i didnt realize till today how much mor fun it is to do slow 1st gear wheelies over torque wheelies going 55mph. I was wondering if you guys could inform me on what are the best mods to put on to my 400 with no real money limit. ive got about 3500 to spend on it and would like to make it a good trick bike. thanks

LukeEX
06-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Well iam just starting out putting things on mine. So far all I got it Nerf bars and new tires and handle bars but ia, putting a new silencer and before the summer is over a new suspension, a-arms and a new swingarm.

Hondadudeehhhh
06-07-2005, 01:35 PM
if you have 3500 dollars to spend sell your quad and buy a 450.

If you decide to waste money on your ex than thats your choice though. But for stunting you dont need really many mods that cost a lot of money. Pipe, tires, handle bars, and nerfs. You'll want to add a 12 bar because ive broken one sub frame already. 12 bars are pretty easy to make and they dont take much time. Look at josh landphear hes one of the best quad stunters around and his quad is close to stock. You will get bored of 1st gear wheelies though and eventually you'll be pulling 55 mph wheelies :devil:

exrider89
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
my bro has a 450r and it is an awsome atv for wheelies but it boggs down really bad and doesnt want to do clutch wheelies just long fast wheelies. my friends dad is making my a 12 bar and i plan on putting it on this week.

FoxMxRiders
06-07-2005, 04:03 PM
its fun to do slow wheelie but long and fast is better :devil:

keshon
06-07-2005, 04:08 PM
long and fast equals break your bike and yourself. They are fun though. The only time i do wheelies going hella fast is when i got tons of room. I normally keep my wheelies in 1st and 2nd. If you are just going to stunt your qaud and mess around on the track and trails their is no point in dumping a bunch of money into it. all i got is exaust nerfs twist throttle and bars and it rules for stunting

dondiesel444
06-08-2005, 04:56 AM
the best mod I have for doing wheelies and other ground tricks is my Pro Design kill switch. while trying new tricks I constantly fall off my quad and the kill switch keeps the quad from taking off down the road w/o me!!

you don't really need anyother mods for doing stunts, nerf bars can help and give you a place to stand while trying new tricks.

I find it more of a challenge to try and do wheelies as SLOW as I can in 1st gear. anyone can pop wheelies up in 3rd gear and ride it out but it takes more balance to try a wheelie going as slow as I can.

oh, if you really do have $3500 to spend get a 450r

06-08-2005, 01:51 PM
ya heres josh lanphers mod list:
-sliver plastic
-HMF slip on
-new tires

and i think that covers it. slow wheelies are fun but theres nothing like a high chair(sitting on the handle bars) at 60 mph the faster the more fun and the longer. you can wheelie any where and once you can wheelie for like 1000 feet you can wheelie for ever

NastySVC
06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
all stock just bump the idle up you can do anything ffrom 2 up no hander wheelies to all kinds of stuff see.

NastySVC
06-08-2005, 04:36 PM
or reg no handerwheelies

NastySVC
06-08-2005, 04:36 PM
or whatever you want buddy first gear is gangster on them..special K wheelie

NastySVC
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
or some other bull

Nausty
06-09-2005, 11:35 AM
umm ive been around and got my **** decked out.

Personally if you motorcross and trail riding isn't that important get some mx tires on there(quad gets hung up easy), some shocks, dirt bike bars, nerfs, and slip on and a motor kit if your gonna be racing but you can still get by with stock internals of the motor.

Shocks are about the best mods you can make on atv in my opinion because it allows you control your quad better when **** gets going tough on a quad thats about all the time.

Definitely makes the landings a lot better also.

Nausty
06-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by 660r_freestyler
ya heres josh lanphers mod list:
-sliver plastic
-HMF slip on
-new tires

and i think that covers it. slow wheelies are fun but theres nothing like a high chair(sitting on the handle bars) at 60 mph the faster the more fun and the longer. you can wheelie any where and once you can wheelie for like 1000 feet you can wheelie for ever

right on

60 mph high chairs can be pretty hairy for me. Kinda hard for me to turn and umm I tend to drift in the other lane sometimes with out being able to see if i'm gonna hit a oncoming car. Also its kinda nerve racking knowing I can't touch the rear brake if I need it.:o

Its cool when u see your friends on the highway and catch up to em' riding a wheelie get in the other lane right next to em' doing tricks while there jaws are like.:eek:

06-13-2005, 08:51 PM
well heres me riding a slow one i couldve gone longer but one tire has more air then the other so enjoy

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=new-photos-016

Robin Hood
06-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
right on

60 mph high chairs can be pretty hairy for me. Kinda hard for me to turn and umm I tend to drift in the other lane sometimes with out being able to see if i'm gonna hit a oncoming car. Also its kinda nerve racking knowing I can't touch the rear brake if I need it.:o

Its cool when u see your friends on the highway and catch up to em' riding a wheelie get in the other lane right next to em' doing tricks while there jaws are like.:eek:

...On a quad?

Idk where you live at, but around here, you'd be pretty damn screwed if you pulled something like that... Sounds like an extreme time though.

JLanphear
06-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
...On a quad?

Idk where you live at, but around here, you'd be pretty damn screwed if you pulled something like that... Sounds like an extreme time though.

heheheh....

http://www.cvboyz.com/pictures/stunting2004/PANA0537.JPG

06-15-2005, 09:04 PM
if ur not gonna do just freestyle u might get a hotcam or somethin like that maybe bore it out or some suspension

Robin Hood
06-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
heheheh....

Crazy :devil:

TILLER
06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
Look at josh landphear hes one of the best quad stunters around and his quad is close to stock. U mean retired stunt rider :D

Dan_Guetter
07-12-2005, 04:18 PM
xtreme

TILLER
07-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
xtreme do u have serious input or are u going to continue to be a tard ? :rolleyes:

Dan_Guetter
07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Its called a ****ing search button.....

theTman
07-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Its called a ****ing search button.....

Dan_Guetter
07-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Every day there are 3 new post about wheelies, not brain science here, find a wheelie thread, and ask questions. Or if your dead set on asking about wheelie questions every day, please take it to stuntlife.com

There are over 200 threads about the same questions.

And for SERIOUS questions about wheelies, i suggest taking it to cvboyz.com

Josh or this tiller guy can help you out with any questions you may have.

Dan

TILLER
07-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Every day there are 3 new post about wheelies, not brain science here, find a wheelie thread, and ask questions. Or if your dead set on asking about wheelie questions every day, please take it to stuntlife.com

There are over 200 threads about the same questions.

And for SERIOUS questions about wheelies, i suggest taking it to cvboyz.com

Josh or this tiller guy can help you out with any questions you may have.

Dan my point bro was u brought this thread back from like over a week ..

feel free to direct them towards this link or pm me directly..

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191

ps its Dan .. nice to meet ya

Dan_Guetter
07-12-2005, 08:34 PM
you got it bro

07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Today i was riding with someone n we pulled onto a main road for a little i got a nice wheelie going in 4th gear it was so good i missed the turn for the road n kept going to see how far id go lol