PDA

View Full Version : Box turtles?

Mxjunkie
06-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I know this is a little random for a quad site, but I found this little baby box turtle on the road on my way to work, no mother or anything around so I picked up up and rode my bike home and hes(or she) its tiny, fast lil bugger soo. I use to have them as pets when I was really young but that was a long time ago.

I've herd they like to eat dog food, the canned food. I have a BIG tank for him or her. its about 1-2 ft wide by 4-5ft long.

Any help would be nice :macho

Heres the bad arse thing lol

Mxjunkie
06-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I have to go to work now but when I get home I'll get on here.

At the local pet store they sell for 75 bucks! they are pretty rare here.

One_Bad_400
06-07-2005, 11:34 AM
i used to have a lil boxturtle... i just went to petco and got him box turlte food... or just turtle food....

Quiksilver01
06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
my friend fed his turtle wet dog food... its still alive so i guess it worked :D

TRX_450
06-07-2005, 12:05 PM
actually we jus hadda huge rain down here and apparently a box turtle had laid egs in our drain tube and they washed out...i burried em in some sand to see if theyd hatch..duno but it was worth a shot...and anyway...box turtles LOVE nightcrawlers......we have a wild one that comes here every other day for a nightcrawler....never fails hes ehre every other day

Flynbryan19
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Just make sure to feed it more than nightcrawlers. I had two box turtles that I fed just nightcrawlers, and I had to let them go cause they got sick. I was like 8 and didn't know any better. How long are you gonna hold onto it? You know it'll live fine on its own by itself right? :)

Juggalo
06-07-2005, 03:04 PM
awesome..when i was a kid i always wanted a box turtle so bad!

parkers30
06-07-2005, 03:10 PM
we had a three legged turtle crossing the driveway the other day, he wasnt very speedy to say the least :(

400exrules
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
we had a three legged turtle crossing the driveway the other day, he wasnt very speedy to say the least :(

that sucks, did he walk straight or in circles :confused: lmao

ive found a couple turtles like that in my back yard and kept them for awhile, and finally went and released them down by the river. Their pretty cool

Mxjunkie
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
awesome..when i was a kid i always wanted a box turtle so bad!

Same here! I found pictures of me with my old ones they were all grown ups though. I remeber when I was like 4 or 5 I put one in the backyard because I wanted to play with it and it ran away lol.

I'm going to use my old fire skink's cage thats about 3ft by 2 ft because my fireskin is almost a foot and a half long now so he needs to be put in the large cage.

My little brother and cousin named it " Shelly " I wanted to name him spike or something cool but eh they are little kids they get what they want :)

FasstMidnightZ
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
hahahahah, Turtles ROCK

I use to have one but i let it go

chucked
06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I come across them all the time around here.

parkers30
06-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
that sucks, did he walk straight or in circles :confused: lmao

ive found a couple turtles like that in my back yard and kept them for awhile, and finally went and released them down by the river. Their pretty cool

he just dropped his shell on the ground with each step

2004exrider
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
i always fed mine salad