PDA

View Full Version : Where to race in GA?

bad01300ex
06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Where are there some tracks to race at in GA, besides echoconnee? that track is like 2 hours away, anybody know of anything closer to north GA, or ATL area?

Brad77
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.ga-mxracing.com/tracks/index.htm

The only track that I have raced at around ATL. is Bremen, very nice facility.

Some of these places do not allow quads so call before you haul.

ZBlaster
06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Talking Rock MX Arena is in Toccoa... i think Durhamtown may have a few races at their track...

440exnacsracer
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
durhamtown does have a few, but most are poker runs. if you want to race on a weekly basis, check with AMA or ATVA and get it on the GA mx series. it is very competitive though, with only one atv class, and there are some impressive quads and racers on that ciruit. you could also call Yamaha of Statesboro (sorry dont have the #) and talk with them. the owners son Hunter is probably the best in the state and they will be more than willing to help you out with that. brad77 is right, bremen is another nice track with more novice riders to start out with. hope i helped
ben

bad01300ex
06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Thanks, yea i have been to talking rock once before but that was with my 300ex, my friend is about to get a yz125 and well be goin there more often, but it seems like a small track, like there wouldnt be much racing going on.

quadrcr161
06-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Depending on how close you are to alabama we have a quad only series and we are having a race at mill creek, which is a very nice track, this weekend. the track is in pell city off of I-20 that goes from birmingham to atl. check out our site, www.sequads.com

Brad77
06-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
durhamtown does have a few, but most are poker runs. if you want to race on a weekly basis, check with AMA or ATVA and get it on the GA mx series. it is very competitive though, with only one atv class, and there are some impressive quads and racers on that ciruit. you could also call Yamaha of Statesboro (sorry dont have the #) and talk with them. the owners son Hunter is probably the best in the state and they will be more than willing to help you out with that. brad77 is right, bremen is another nice track with more novice riders to start out with. hope i helped
ben

We haven't raced any series races on the GCS series which used to be the GPG series. Eventhough there is still an ATV class no quads have been showing up at the races. The top guys like Austin and Hunter have been going to Nationals and most of the local guys have just quit I think. I haven't been racing because I still do not have my race quad fixed. Although I have been trying to ride a little more. Some of the tracks like Bremen have there own series that I know some quads race in. If Bremen wasn't so far away I would go there more often. Also I forgot about the Ga. Quad Racing series http://www.GAQuadRacing.com . These guys race several races up north. This group used to be made up of mostly mini quads, but they have adult classes too.

Brad77
06-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Here is another link dealing with riding in Ga.

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com

bad01300ex
06-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Ok so Bremen has their own series? I looked on their website and they have alot of info about the dirt bike racing, what about the quads? Can you just jump into the series or do you have to be at all the races?
And does anyone know how far away Bremen is from the Woodstock/Roswell area?
Also is there a track at Calhoun? my friend said therer was one there but i dont know if they alow quads?

440exnacsracer
06-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
We haven't raced any series races on the GCS series which used to be the GPG series. Eventhough there is still an ATV class no quads have been showing up at the races. The top guys like Austin and Hunter have been going to Nationals and most of the local guys have just quit I think. I haven't been racing because I still do not have my race quad fixed.

aahh thats chitty. i havent been to one of those races in a while for the same reason as you, and i assumed they were still going on. o well georgias time will come, just not now i guess:ermm: what does austin race? hunter was badass, i saw him at echeconnee a few times and he was fearless.

hondaracer305
06-08-2005, 10:52 PM
In Resaca Ga they always have harescramble races (fun as hell) at Diamondback Mx arena. also, Calhoun SX down in Calhoun Ga holds supercross races you could check out. btw, what county in Ga do you live?

bad01300ex
06-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Cherrokee county, in Woodstock

Brad77
06-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by bad01300ex
Ok so Bremen has their own series? I looked on their website and they have alot of info about the dirt bike racing, what about the quads? Can you just jump into the series or do you have to be at all the races?
And does anyone know how far away Bremen is from the Woodstock/Roswell area?
Also is there a track at Calhoun? my friend said therer was one there but i dont know if they alow quads?

Yeah you can just show up at certain races if you like. The only thing it will affect is the end of season points.

I don't think Bremen is too far away from the Roswell area. You have to go I-20 west. It is a little ways past Six Flags. I can't remember exact directions. The last time I was there was back in 03.

Yes there is a track in Calhoun. I think they do allow quads. Although I have never been there.

Brad77
06-09-2005, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
aahh thats chitty. i havent been to one of those races in a while for the same reason as you, and i assumed they were still going on. o well georgias time will come, just not now i guess:ermm: what does austin race? hunter was badass, i saw him at echeconnee a few times and he was fearless.

Austin now has a hybrid CRF450. Let me just say that when he switched over to this setup he moved to A-class. I rode with Austin over at ICR in Warner Robins about 3 weeks ago. Watching him do the big triples was impressive.

Yes Hunter is very fast I have rode with him many times.