PDA

View Full Version : weird,am i missing sumthin

insaneracin2003
06-07-2005, 09:29 AM
ok,i just had a 416 kit installed on my ex,i have an oversized oil tank that uses 3 qts oil.i put in about 2 3/4 qts and it was full,coming out of the top of the tank.so i started it thinking it would go through the engine and i will be able to add the correct amount to fill er up.well.it is not going down,the motor isnt tapping or anything to make me believe that oil isnt where it is supposed to be.i only let it run for about 2 minutes.any ideas on what i should check?

Xowner
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
what you need to do to change the oil is take out both plugs and turn the kill switch OFF and turn the engine over which will pump the oil outta the motor then put the plugs in and fill it up with oil then turn the switch off and turn the engine over again which will pump the oil around then check the oil again

This is how i do mine b.c i too filled the oil up and ran it and check it again just to see if their were leaks and it was a little low

FoxRacing81
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Make sure none of the lines are plugged! That'd suck...I wouldn't run the motor til you find something or get some more information.

-Justin

motochamp250
06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
ya i agree with xowner that what i do when i change mine to make sure all the oil is out also isnt there a plug on the right side of the motor....juss make sure its all out of there.....

insaneracin2003
06-08-2005, 07:01 AM
i made sure all the oil was out of there,i took loose and removed both drain plugs before i sent the motor off to get rebuilt.i wil go home tonight and pull off the drain plug on the motor to make sure that the oil did in-fact get into the motor and not just the tank....thanks guys....Paul