PDA

View Full Version : if u drill holes in ur muffler to get more flow will u have more power?

bansheemorphine
06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
hey i have heard of people drilling holes in air box lids to increase air flow thus increasing power, well if u drilled holes in the very end oof your muffler near where the eshaust all ready comes out will you get more exhaust flow thus increasing power?

JRDrider22
06-07-2005, 01:04 PM
you'll lose compression if you drill out holes in your muffler

toby400ex
06-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Just take a bat to ur muffler.............:D

450r51
06-09-2005, 06:37 AM
u r retarded and should be shot

bansheemorphine
06-09-2005, 07:11 AM
not quite retarded but poor can't afford a after market exhaust right now so gotta find a way to mak emore power and the rear brake caliper has done the beating in job for me

duke416ex
06-09-2005, 07:29 AM
You won't lose compression, you will lose backpressure making it more freeflowing. It won't sound good, and you probably won't see much difference. I understand the money being tight, just try to save a little money and buy a used exhaust from here or from ebay. You should be able to catch one pretty cheap especially if you don't care bout looks. Take the airbox lid off, and maybe get a jet kit. You will need the jet kit anyway when you get a pipe. Also if you want more low end change the front sprocket, it doesn't really add power it just makes it accelerate faster.