PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weight flywheel

450RGNCC
06-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Has anyone used or ridden a bike with a heavyweight flywheel? How much of a difference does it make in the woods? Does it bog down the engine at all? Are they worth the money? Does anyone sell flywheel weights that I could just install on my stock flywheel?

chad502ex
06-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 450RGNCC
Has anyone used or ridden a bike with a heavyweight flywheel? How much of a difference does it make in the woods? Does it bog down the engine at all? Are they worth the money? Does anyone sell flywheel weights that I could just install on my stock flywheel?

I have a Trailtech +4oz new that I have yet to install. For some reason- I havn't but I will eventually to give it a try after I'm finished with my build.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
we have the trailtech +8 ounce in our 450r I think it is hard to tell what it did since we run the rekluse clutch.

UK450R
06-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I’ve been using the +8oz trail tech since the rekuse was banned in our national series there in the UK.

No noticeable reduction in acceleration (although it possibly takes a fraction longer to take it from mid reeves to the top of the rev band).

No major change in the way the bike ‘feels’ at low revs (i.e. in wooded sections) – however it’s certainly made it much more difficult to stall.

Overall for the cross country racing I do – I like it.

450RGNCC
06-10-2005, 08:15 PM
thanks