PDA

View Full Version : something on my axle came off! I need help!

yellow400ex05
06-07-2005, 06:26 AM
There is a ring shaped thing on my axle that my brother said that the seal for where the bearings are, came off.

Is this an easy fix? My quad is still under warrenty,and if i take to the honda dealer will it be there for a long time like for a month bc i was hoping they could fix it and my dad could bring my quad back the same day. I only have 8 more days left of school and my last week is all half days and if I don't have anything to ride I'll go CRAZY!:eek2:

250xTrailRider
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Where is this ring exactly? In between the housing and brake set up or is it between the brake caliper and wheel hub? If it is a rubber ring I would say it is the seal. It will not hurt to have it off but dirt and grit could get into the bearing and they could wear out sooner. If it is metal then it could be one of two things it could be the c-clip that hold the brake stay on or I guess it could be the ring that axle locator nut seats on. I doubt the last one but in either case safety becomes an issue. Have the dealer fix it right.

Quiksilver01
06-07-2005, 08:20 AM
i think i know what youre talkin about... its like a metal washer right? its easy to replace if you have another one. if not you could probably get one at a hardware store.. once you get one just take off the left wheel and hub, then the axle lock nuts, slide the washer on, and put it all back together. if you take it to the dealer theyll make up some excuse as to how you voided you warranty... they wont have the part in stock and theyll charge a bunch of labor..heres a link to a honda store if you cant find another ring... http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi-bin/hondaparts/results_parts_details?mv_session_id=KxjWbpNS&mv_pc=168&se=pg_d_id%3d1407%20and%20pg_my_id%3d32