PDA

View Full Version : kfx wont start

yoshimurakfx400
06-06-2005, 09:04 PM
My kfx dosent want to start i put it up yesterday and i went to crank it today and it wont start. The starter turns the motor it has compression , its getting gas to the carb, has fire, new spark plug, and gas in the tank. The float in the carb has been getting stuck to where it wont give the motor gas but it only seems to do it at the motor cross track could that have anything to do with it? All i have to do to unstick it is tap on the bowl of the carb. Oh yeah i also draind the bowl to try to see it it was fludding out but after i did that it still wouldnt crank. plz help

Also how to get the float in the carb from sticking iv never heard of this problem before.

Tommy
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
SOrry alittle off topic but what track do you ride at and wear is it at in Louisiana? I would like to give it a try but most places only allow dirtbikes.

yoshimurakfx400
06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
The track i ride at is called Rajun Cajun Mx it is in Amiet Louisiana its about 10 miles from Hammond. Yeah its true about most tracks only alow dirtbikes around here but Mr. Claton the owner of the track lets me come out just about any time i want. There are a couple tracks around Baton Rouge that alow quads and one in Donaldsonville that lets quads ride only on saturdays. If you wanna check it out give Mr.Claton a call tell him your a friend of Kevin Gregory and he will let you come out.

985 747 1280 cell 985 517 8126 ask for Mr. Claton

Tommy
06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Awsome will do. Thanks alot.

dpizz450
06-08-2005, 02:27 PM
geez, offtopic again, but didnt know there was any people from louisiana on here besides me and my cousin. where yall ride at? i live in baton rouge. only place i've ever been around here is LA dunes, Forest Hills. Ever been? 400 acres of dunes, creek, and a lake. nice place to ride. Right down the road they also have Forest Hills trails, never been there though, plan on it sometime soon. My cousin has been to a couple tracks, dont know which ones, but ill ask him. Hit me up sometime guys.

Tommy
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
I ride a good bit at the Spillway and ive been to Wolf Pen gap in Arkansas there is a place in Mississippi that we ride at which is better than La dunes because it actualy has some decent size hills. Here is a site i go to that has most places to ride in Louisiana and states around us http://www.sltrailblazers.org/. Did you find out whats wrong with your KFX?

yoshimurakfx400
06-08-2005, 03:08 PM
The on and off valve on the tank was dirty so it wasnt getting the rite amount of gas. Ihavent put it back together yet to see if it will run but if that dosent work im going to go ahead and take of the carb and clean it to and that should fix it. You wouldnt belive how much trash those filters in the valve caught.

Hey guys for all the lousiana motocross and quad riders go to www.motosouth.com (http://www.motosouth.com) and go to the forum and click quad talk. Go ahead and register they also have a spot in the forum where they list all of lousianas mx tracks and track numbers.

yoshimurakfx400
06-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey heres a video from beau bridge last weekend this track is around baton rouge beau bridge mx (http://www.riversedgemotocross.com/VIDEO/V-REMX.QRACE6-4-05.wmv)

yoshimurakfx400
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Cleaning the on and of valve fixed it. Hey the guys from la im going to beau bridge sat. to go ride come if u can.

dpizz450
06-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by yoshimurakfx400
Cleaning the on and of valve fixed it. Hey the guys from la im going to beau bridge sat. to go ride come if u can.

Give it a couple months. I get my license in early October. We will all hook up for a ride then.

Tommy
06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Im going to try to make it sometimes this summer but i dont know when yet.