PDA

View Full Version : stripped out

Eddiesanders250
06-06-2005, 08:44 PM
one of the 4 bolts to losen the carrier is stripped out. its an allen wrench bolt. i grined down the bolt so it has 2 splines in it now. now that its stripped out i cant adjust my carrier. somehow the damn bolt needs to come undone. any ideas?
ill post some pics i know its confusing.

Dave83
06-06-2005, 09:25 PM
If you cant get vise grips on it,can you grind the head off and drive out?

Eddiesanders250
06-08-2005, 09:11 PM
already tried vice grips. no worky.

250-R-250
06-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Use a Torch to heat them suckers hot...

One other trick is to I forget how it goes but you can heat one part and try to get the other part cool and then the screw shrinks and the or sumthing like that?

Deffinately might have to take out a drill though

GOOD LUCK STRIPPED SCREWS ARE A PAIN IN THE ARSE

Melons
12-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey Eddie, How did you get it out? I got the same problem with mine. Like to know Thanks

Eddiesanders250
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
I took a blade from a hacksaw and went at it. you want to saw it till you hit the bottom of the bolt. i tried several screwdrivers but they ended up breaking. I grinded a chizzle down so it could fit in the groove. Put a cresent wrench around the flat part of the chizzle and turn............ You may not have to use the chizzle, maybe a screwdriver will work for you. Mine was just too tight

Next time PM me instead of bringing back these old threads:)

BLACKeR
12-23-2005, 06:36 AM
by bringing back the old thread, everyone who might have this problem, can see what worked.:) i dont like always PMing the questions, the forums are supposed to be about general knowledge for everyone. PM's only help one guy. now someone can do a search on this and get the answer! :macho

machwon
12-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Did you try putting the other 3 good ones in and tightening them. This should take the pressure of the bad one. Heat is also a good idea to use.

Melons
12-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Actually I have two that I cannot get out. I tried tighten the other two but did not want to put to much pressure on them, they might get stripped too. I have not heated them. I just need to adjust the chain right now, its a little slack. thanks

250-R-250
12-23-2005, 08:36 AM
If you do decide to use heat, MAKE SURE that you do the best to heat the SWINGARM, and at the same time, keep the screw cool.

GOTFEAR
12-23-2005, 03:14 PM
And if you get them suckas out run a tap the threads replace them with new ones and yous antiseaz on the threads

Eddiesanders250
12-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BLACKeR
by bringing back the old thread, everyone who might have this problem, can see what worked.:) i dont like always PMing the questions, the forums are supposed to be about general knowledge for everyone. PM's only help one guy. now someone can do a search on this and get the answer! :macho

lol good point.