PDA

View Full Version : tires

motochamp250
06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
hey i ride alot of open fields and tracks and i like a short narrow back tire and i was lookin at the turf tamer 18x9.5x8 i was wandering if there are any other tires that come in that size and also what yall think of the turf tamer and i though of getting a razr mx tire up front to go with it ...any help would be greatly appreciated

motochamp250
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
?:confused:

300extreme#8
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
the razrs r the same size, 18 x 10 x 8 only .5 diff, and holeshots also

300extreme#8
06-08-2005, 08:40 AM
from my experience and talkin it over with many other racers on this subject. ok, turf tamers, great tire,does wear fast prolly one of the best tires for throughin it sideways through turns,thorw heck of roost,but the only thing i didn't like out tamers was the straightaway speed/grip, it doesn't seem to grip as good on straightway as the other from my experiance,ok the razrs,prolly teh best all around tires for racers,side easier in the turns almost to easy in many cases, they have good straighaway grip/speed and last very long,ok and the holeshots, these were my favorite tires i've ever raced or rode on a track with.the mxs seemed to have teh best straighaway grip/speed, like in some races i fll behind in straightaways comin out of turns b/c i'm still spinnin all teh time,well the holeshot mxs didn't spin and had better grip/speed and would go,only thing bout holeshots r,they r alot harder to throw sideways in most track situations,and they wear easy,don't get me wrong bout it being hard to throw sideways,but holeshots seem to hold a line better,and u tend to drive through the turn instead of throwin it sideways which in most cases is better and faster,the holeshot fronts seemed to be better than teh razr fronts to me also they just wear down so much quick...
sorry for my rough spelling but i was ina hurry, hope this helps cya

Hoggr9
06-08-2005, 11:14 AM
nuff said