PDA

View Full Version : anybody here watch american chopper and american hot rod

deathman53
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I was watching american chopper today and american hot rod was on next, I wasn't paying attention to the tv. I see american hot rod is on and the shop looks very similar as if its the same shop. I watched alittle more and ITS THE EXACT SAME SHOP, with a change of equipment and banners, etc. Anybody else notice this?????

Mxjunkie
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
nah o.c.c is in ny, boyd is located in cali. they are totally differnt places.

They both look similar because they are probaly both buildings by steel buildings or another manufature :)

Pappy
06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
the only thing they have in common is they are both run by pricks:eek:

JDiablo
06-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the only thing they have in common is they are both run by pricks:eek:

espically that guy on american hot rod,stupid *** guy,lol i personally think it is funny when the other two argue on OCC

DH400EX
06-06-2005, 08:05 PM
american hotrod is startin to be a pretty ****ty show now. Boyd is bein an *** and i think the business will go down hill. but i still watch it cause i like the cars:blah:

YFZ450Ridr
06-06-2005, 08:08 PM
i never did like american hot rod, its jsut not a good show to me. i never was into cars all that much. but american chopper isnt bad, but some of thier bikes are WAY over the top, but they can fabricate thats for sure.

Mxjunkie
06-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Boyd's shop will never close, hes a big hitter in the hot rod industry, you gotta remeber, those guys that are on tv arent the only ones working for them etc.

I think a lot of the fights are put up etc just for ratings, its interesting to watch I'll give them that but I would much rather see a show with Jesse and all the other guys. Seeing someone make a gas tank out of copper is TALENT, watching someone bolt a gas tank on and weld round bar on it is ??? :scary:

06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I have personally been in OCC's new shop, its no where near the same as American Hotrod....

PS if that guy dont lighten up on AH he is bound to loose all his good guys to Foose.

06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Boyd bigger than foose??? in his dreams!!!! thats why he hates Foose so much.

Foose couldnt take his crap either and went on his own.

TheFontMaster
06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm watching american chopper right now. American hot rod I never really liked. They build some nice cars, but I'm not into Boyd's style of cars, and Boyd has a really crapy atitude, I could never work for someone like that.

400exrules
06-06-2005, 08:42 PM
ya i heard the fights on american choppers were fake

DH400EX
06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Chip Foose is an awesome builder/ restorer, he can do nething and comes up wit awesome paint schemes.

You really dont see Jesse James nemore unless its on Monster Garage ,i would love to see a series like american chopper, except wit jesse james. i like his style of bikes better than OCC.

Juggalo
06-07-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah i hate both of those shows. the things they saw are so scripted and every single statement they make starts out with one of these key phrases "you know" "and honestly" or "and to tell you the truth". and i hate how they try to make a big deal out of everything. oh no we dont have a nut to put on this bolt (cue dramatic music and slow motion shots of people with fear on their faces looking all over the shop). oh heres one right in this huge thing of nuts we have that i found 2 seconds after we realized we didnt have one.

on another note dwayne from american hot rod is from my home town and he used to work at the same place as my dad. hes used to own a truck designed by boyd (its pretty ugly if you ask me) and you still see it cruisin around every so often. its owned by a guy my dad knew (he had arcade games at his shop) and his names pete.

FoxRacing81
06-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
yeah i hate both of those shows. the things they saw are so scripted and every single statement they make starts out with one of these key phrases "you know" "and honestly" or "and to tell you the truth". and i hate how they try to make a big deal out of everything. oh no we dont have a nut to put on this bolt (cue dramatic music and slow motion shots of people with fear on their faces looking all over the shop). oh heres one right in this huge thing of nuts we have that i found 2 seconds after we realized we didnt have one.

on another note dwayne from american hot rod is from my home town and he used to work at the same place as my dad. hes used to own a truck designed by boyd (its pretty ugly if you ask me) and you still see it cruisin around every so often. its owned by a guy my dad knew (he had arcade games at his shop) and his names pete.

Duane from american hot rod is from your home town....Danica Patrick is from your hometown....who else is from your hometown?

I have always liked american chopper, and I always thought american hot rod was kind of a gay rip-off of american chopper but with cars. And my attitude still hasn't changed. Yeah, maybe everything on TV ain't real, but it's something to watch that I like to watch.

I agree with Josh tho, making a gas tank out of copper from scratch is bad***. Welding a few pieces of sheet metal to a pre made tank...well isn't...If Jesse had a show like American Chopper (which he never will because I think he said on Motorcycle Mania 3, that he hated all the TV cameras and **** and that it wouldn't last long), it would be awesome. The OCC guys are becoming sell outs with all there stupid 711 commericals and Napa commericals...

-Justin

Tommy 17
06-07-2005, 08:21 AM
hey i don't wannat hear it... they are all millionares and we are a bunch of morons that can barly buy shocks for our quads...

who cares what kinda bikes or cars they build... what they stage to make the ratings up... at the end of the day they are all still rich...

i'd do the same thing as them if i got the chance! and everyone of u would do it also...

Warnerade
06-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by MX610EX
The OCC guys are becoming sell outs with all there stupid 711 commericals and Napa commericals...

-Justin if you had your own show...and someone called you up to do a commercial to make a certain large sum of money, you wouldnt do it in fear of becoming a "sell out"?

FoxRacing81
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Depends. I'm sure I'd consider it. I don't know if I would though. Honestly, if I was rich and owned a big name company, I'd think about it. I wouldn't be like "How many more millions is that? Sure let's do it no matter how bad it makes us look!" Most rich companies don't care because it's money in there pocket. Not saying I wouldn't do it if I was rich like them....I'd just give it more thought first then how much $$ I'd make from it.

Warnerade
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
ok...now, one more question...whats the point of turning down a commercial add? I guarantee you wouldnt turn down free money basicaly...especialy if it was advertising your business, for free pretty much....no matter how much you may want it to be "im only in this business for the fun, not the money"...its not like it, and wont be like that, You calling them a sellout for doing a commercial...i could turn around and call them sell outs for even having a tv show about their business

Juggalo
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Duane from american hot rod is from your home town....Danica Patrick is from your hometown....who else is from your hometown?

olympic gold medalist figure skater scott hamilton lived here for a while. graduated from my school. the only other person i can think of isnt too famous yet but youll hear of him someday i bet. he goes by the name solternity (chris magill is his real name) he makes rap beats and while still in high school he had sold a few of his beats to a couple people, i remember a couple of his songs made it into some video games. last i heard he was working with kanye west.

chucked
06-07-2005, 03:08 PM
all that **** is fake

400exrules
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
i like to watch them mess around and blow stuff up on american choppers.......thats the best part, when they throw gas on the wasp nest and light it, run the golf carts into stuff, crash mikeys car into the dumpster off into the ditch, when mikey runs the truck into the pond and hits a tree stump........i just like watchin that stuff lol

quadrcr161
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
The OCC guys are becoming sell outs with all there stupid 711 commericals and Napa commericals...

-Justin

Jesse James was doing autozone comercials before OCC was doing comercials.

Oh yea, Boyd's been around for years and has a huge fan base, he isnt going anywhere.

wvspeedfreak
06-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I like Roy on American Hot Rod.

Pappy
06-07-2005, 06:58 PM
you want to see how bad OCC gets ripped on? pick up a few of the street bike magazines:eek2:

Warnerade
06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you want to see how bad OCC gets ripped on? pick up a few of the street bike magazines:eek2: scan a page and post?

Pappy
06-07-2005, 07:29 PM
no scanner.

i just thought it was funny that occ can be credited with a huge upswing in motorcycle sales and for countless dollars being made in the industry from the interest generated by thier show only to be slammed by the mainstream.

they are corny, they are goofballs and they are yelling all the way to the bank!

anyone who pays $125,000 for a bike is nuts. i told the napa dude today he could lower his prices seeing that they dumped mega bucks on occ

FoxRacing81
06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I like Roy on American Hot Rod.

haha...that old drunk *******. He's cool as hell.

trick250r
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
someone told me that boyd's best painter left to work w/ foose

DH400EX
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
he did, i think it was a smart decision.