PDA

View Full Version : What swing arm?

Rich250RRacer
06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I am in the market for a new swing arm for my 450 and wondered what everybody out there has, what kind of durability issues they've had. I've run Lonestar on my 250R's for years, and even though I've cracked one, it wouldn't stop me from buying another. They stood behind it. I like the looks of the Laeger, and the Houser looks pretty good too. Roll Design seems a little over-priced. What does everybody put there have?

Pappy
06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Im waiting (more like drooling) to get my hands on LSR's new swing arm and linkage.

if the price scares you, LSR standard, Houser, Burgard, JD all make decent swing arms.

trost66
06-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Have you guys heard of atv fourpay. I have there swing arm and it see to be doing great

Out_Sider
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
im goin all LSR on my 450r :macho

06-07-2005, 05:27 AM
i use HRE products. he s been making swing arms for a long time. never had any problems with them. he also makes frames and ,subframes and stems. he makes quality stuff but he just not known like leager or roll. i ve used his products for about 5 years racing gncc s . it really holds up. you can check his stuff out at HREATV.com

jrspawn
06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
DO NOT BUT FAB TECH!!!!! I recently traded my hybrid bike for a trx450, it came with a fab tech swingarm. I put it on and litterally the first freakin jump i do, which was maybe a 40 foot jump nothing big at all, it snaps. Im also sitting here with a broken heal bone, ankle, and torn ligaments. So needless to say i think they're product is junk! I've been looking for contact info for this campany but can not find any to let them know of the issue. After looking at the swingarm after this happened, you can see where the accuall thickness of the steal they use is just thicker than sheet metal. If anyone is familiar with this company and knows either a contact # or address, if you cuold send that to me i would appreciate it.

thank you
Justin
JRSPAWN@aol.com

Smoker
06-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Houser, then if you decide to upgrade to longtravel, you can get their linkage and a 17" shock, Just a thought. There products are very durable, a little heavy but it should last a very long time. My $.02 :p