PDA

View Full Version : i love posion ivy

RobbRacer
06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
no im just kidding i frickin hate this crap. i get just a little spot and think its a bug bite and scratch it then it spreads everywhere.
i look like the pink panther i have so much calamine lotion on my arms. anybody got any advice to help the itching?

Ruby Soho
06-06-2005, 02:47 PM
ive got it too, just dont itch, and eventually it'll oose, and after that it goes away, just hang in there for a couple days

sam the brave
06-06-2005, 02:49 PM
ice helps alot stops the itching and make it go away quicker

duke416ex
06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
I think I have it to, I just don't know where I got it cause I usually watch pretty close. Man it sucks, I haven't had it bad for a few years and I hope to avoid it for a few more after I get over this.

300exPat
06-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I got poison ivy about a month ago, the I got poison sumnack on top of that and it turned out I was allergic to poison sumnack so at 3 am I had to go to the emergency room because my eyes were shut completely swallen and ooze was coming out of the pores on my face. Then on top of that when it finally went away from the medicine, I still had the ****ing itch just no marks for a good two weeks. Consider yourself lucky:ermm:

Scro
06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
go to the doctor and get you a shot of cotizone(sp?), it will make it stop itching and make you feel good at the same time.

250-R-250
06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I got it for life.....but seriously take COOL showers and make sure to clean yourself lol

Plante400
06-06-2005, 03:19 PM
haha wow i havent gotten poison ivy since since like 6 years ago.

that suckss

RobbRacer
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
oh i have had it worse than this i am just frickin tired of getting it. i know what it looks like so i try to stay away. i have had it so bad it was starting to going my mouth and in the corners of my eyes. i had to take a shower in some kind of ivy medicine my pops got from work. but finally it went away. i think i found some stuff that works really good it call ZANFEL. call my parents back home and thats what they said works really well. the only down fall to this stuff is that it costs 40 bucks!! but if it works then i dont have a problem paying for it.

raptor35086
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 250-R-250
I got it for life.....but seriously take COOL showers and make sure to clean yourself lol

how did you get it for life?

250-R-250
06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Exzama

however you spell it...its basically the same thing cept no cure

UrBz 250X
06-06-2005, 06:48 PM
heres wut i do i9 take a really hot shower then scrub with laundry detergent it burns like hell but kills the ivy

06-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by UrBz 250X
heres wut i do i9 take a really hot shower then scrub with laundry detergent it burns like hell but kills the ivy thats the craziest thing iv'e ever heard

LsMxRaCeR
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
pour some bleach (sp) in the sink and then put water make sure theres more water then bleach and then just let your arms soak for awhile

enduro400rider
06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
that stuff sucks i get it all the time in the summer, usally on my arms i just put them under the water in our sink i turn the water on as hot as i can possibly stand it and let my arms under that for a minuate or two, then it turns into like a blister and once you pop it it goes away in a day or two. my crazy freind scrubs his with gas :rolleyes: he says it works like a charm but im not goin to try it.

Doober
06-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 250-R-250
Exzama

however you spell it...its basically the same thing cept no cure

i had that at one point(thats what the doctor said it was)....my doctor gave me some stuff that look like lotion and it slowly went away i dont have it all now

TCracin440ex
06-06-2005, 09:10 PM
i hate all poision bushes...poison oak, poision ivy, poision summac

best thing to do is scratch the hell out of it until you break the skin and pour bleach on it...or get some of that technu stuff it works....but you gotta put it on every so often...the trick to gettin rid of it is keep the stuff dry i dont kno if you have ever ran your hand across poision ivy/oak while its on your skin but its really oily....if you keep the oils away it will dry up....another trick i have learned is when you get that shyt get in a pool....the chlorine kills it if you get in a couple of times..

so far the bleach trick has worked for me every time tho...burns like hell but i can stand the burning better than i can the itching