PDA

View Full Version : exhausts, jetting, and speedometers

400exstunta
05-24-2002, 07:01 PM
exhausts:

which exhaust is proven to give more power to a 400? with rejetting the carb of course.

jetting:

how should you jet it for the most power

speedo:
does anyone have one of these? how do they work? can you install it yourself?

tires:

placing a larger diameter in rear than in front changes your control how?

welds:
where exactly are the welds in a hedder?

a arms
whats the +1 +2 +3 mean?

i know i know alot of questions. im sorry im really bored over here in spain and i need some new stuff to read since ive read about 3/4 of this forum over the past 6 days

400exstunta
05-28-2002, 10:47 PM
ok so that was pointless.... you gotta be kiddin me. no one knows this stuff? i find that hard to believe. i told you i need some stuff to read about over here in spain.

05-29-2002, 04:53 AM
1) Dont know which exaust but I think it depends on what kind of power you are looking for high mid or low end power.
2)jetting wil all depend on the type of pipe you get and the other mods you have.
3)Yes you can install a speedo yourself. I have one. I took a Sigma Sport BC 800(Mnt Bikes speedo) You mount the computer part to the handelbars then you will have to make the cable to the senser longer. then what I did was mount the senser to the top of the brake mechanism (the thing with the pistons that press against the caliper I forget what it is called) Then installed the magnet onto he inside of the rim. Then you have to calibrate the the computer to the right size wheel you have.
4)Dont know how it affects the handeling.
5) I believe the welds on the header are right inside the header where it ataches to the head. And befor it goes into the 90 degree turns.
6)The first numers are how much wider the a arms are then if there is another number after this its how far forward the wheele is. So if it is +2+1 its 2 inches wider 1 inch forward over stock

I think most of that is wrong but hpefuly if it is other people will come on and correct me and fill in on what I didnt know.

Killer

MX MadMann
05-29-2002, 06:44 AM
the curtis sparks x-6 pipe has shown the most HP gains in most dyno testing. when you get the pipe , call sparks , and they will tell you what jets you need for what altitude. the rest of what the last guys posted sounded about right.

larger rear tires in the back will help keep your front end down some during fast take off's.

-casey

P.S. - when it says +2 a arms , that means 2 inches wider on BOTH SIDES , so an over all gain of 4 inches in width to your bike.

RED121572
05-31-2002, 08:25 PM
I had one of those trail tech computers on mine. As long as I was riding in my living room, it worked fine. One stream crossing and the speedo was useless. I took it off and threw it in my box of spare parts and junk.