PDA

View Full Version : burgard nickel plated?

bad01300ex
06-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Pappy, i figured i would ask you since you know what you are talking about. Have you ever had the burgard nickel plated a arms or stem? I have found them on ebay +2 standard travel arms for 390 shipped, and then stem +1 for 190, i was wondering how does the nickel plating hold up, im trying to put together an amature mx yfz and and thought maybe that might be a good alternative to crome (of course it will never be as good, but money is the big issue).

So is the nickel plating worth it or is powder better and are those good deals?

Thanks

Pappy
06-06-2005, 01:38 PM
i prefer chrome or nickle over powdercoat for a arms. it holds up fine and will only reqiure a spritz with rubbing alcohol after washing and a spray of silicon to prevent rusting (all chrome or nickle sould be taken care of just like on the bumper and trim of a car or truck)

bad01300ex
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks.
Burgard's website says that the spindles have to be reemed for the ball joints? how do you do that?

Pappy
06-07-2005, 02:53 PM
i would have to check on the yfz requiring the spindle to be reamed. I dont remeber having to do that on our YFZ:confused:

in any event, basically the hole where the ball joint stud protrudes has to be made larger so the ball joint will fit. most folks just step the hole with drill bits until they have a nice snug fit