PDA

View Full Version : Kazuma, Redcat & Unison ATVS

spliffy
06-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello All,

My name is Jim, my wife & I own www.kidatvs.com we have been selling Redcats & Kazumas for a little over 2 yrs locally & a little over 1 yr on the net & selling Unisons for about 6 months. The Redcats & Kazumas are great entry level machines for those of you who don't want to spend 2k or more on a machine for kid or yourself for that matter. The Unisons are very well put together machines & I would have no problem comparing them to the major brands, but yet at a cheaper price. I just wanted to introduce myself as a new atvriders advertiser (I'm not a new member, been a member since 2002) & to let everyone know that we are not only here to sell atvs, but to help you service them, get parts, etc etc. Feel free to email, fax or call us for anything or feel free to post on here your likes & dislikes of these machines & lets make this a open discussion so everyone is comfortable with buying them or not. We will be looking for anyway that we can help you. Thanks, Jim & Tara

spliffy
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
The above atv, is a Redcat KMX-50, also known as a Kazuma Meercat 50, they are available in Red, Blue, Green & Yellow. They have a 6 month warranty on parts & cost $625 Shipped to your door. For a short time we are going to sell them for $595 shipped to your door if you are a atvriders member, when you call, just tell us your user name & we will apply the discount to your order. That is last yrs model, I just like the pic, that is a customer of ours & I like it because he has the whole outfit kicking (besides the boots heh...waiting on UPS at the time the pic was taken) The new models look the same but they have silver rims, instead of white. We also have a 110SX, that is 3 speeds forward & Reverse, semi auto clutch & it will start in any gear. They are $1025 shipped to your door, atvriders discount makes them $995 shipped to your door. All of our ATVS have throttle governors that you can limit the speed with. I have a 15 mo little guy & he rides the kmx-50, I have it down to about 1.5 miles an hour, have the throttle governor all the way in, so no gas available at all & I just cranked up the idle some to make in move in first gear... he is not sure what he is doing, but he sure smiles while he is on it :p www.kidatvs.com (http://www.kidatvs.com)

Admin
06-06-2005, 05:56 PM
If Faith was only a little older, I would probably get the 50cc, but it will be a couple of more years :(, can't wait.

spliffy
06-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Here is a pic of the 110SX.

JLanphear
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Those look great :macho

C41Xracer
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
ill be getting a few in a few weeks!!!!!!:D

Quad18star
06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
We have a local Kazuma dealer in town ... for the price of the machines , you can't go wrong !!!!!

huffdaddy_400EX
06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
I like the price, but what about parts? I have heard people complain about finding replacement parts. What's your take on it?

spliffy
06-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Alot of these "parts issues" you might hear, all depends on who they buy them from, if they buy it from some guy on ebay or at a swap meet or something like that, most likely this guy is not a dealer, he got a good deal on some machines & trying to make a few hundred bux & has no way to get parts for the end user, the end user then ends up in the cold with no way to get parts, cuz they don't know who to contact. We are a business with parts in stock & machines in stock, so there is Zero problem on parts. I work with 3 diffferent distributors so I can usually get them very fast, worst case scenerio , for when that unusual request pops up & I have to get the part from the actual mfg which can take around 3 weeks, I just take the part off of another machine & send it to the customer & wait for the part to come in to me & replace it on the machine I took it off of....we do this with mostly warrantied parts, so the customer doesn't have to wait & lose warranty time, alot of net dealers do not stock there own inventory, this is what is different with us, we stock all the machines we sell, so worst case is we have to take a part of a in stock machine & send it to the customer. Long answer to a short question, but I want all to know this.... if you or if you know somebody who needs parts tell them to contact us, I have them in stock or can order them & have it shipped right to them. I currently have around $15k in parts right now with more coming in every week to replenish what I send out. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Jim

jeffdunn
06-24-2005, 08:35 AM
i like that 110....are there any aftermarket parts available for it? that would be nice for my little sister :D

spliffy
06-24-2005, 08:39 AM
None that I know of right now, but I have heard of people using things off the old Honda 110 ATC's, like exhaust & silencers, carbs etc etc & they retrofit them to work. You can get K&N's to fit them & that helps alot with these little motors to get more air into the engine & put out more power.

JLanphear
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Hey Jim, I was wondering one thing.

Have you ever compared these to the 90cc two-stroke quads that are out there? If so, what are your thoughts?

Them being 4-strokes are really what makes me think I would be better of with one of them for the kids (and myself..haha) rather than the 90 2-stroke that we have right now. The thing is really cold blooded, and it smells bad when it's running too.

Just curious.

Thanks.

-Josh

jeffdunn
06-24-2005, 08:45 AM
yea i have another question....what other quads do these compare to in size and speed and all the good stuff?

spliffy
06-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Well.... they don't smell like the 2 strokes....even though I LOVE that smell & my 250R just emits the best smell ever heh(110 & amsoil) ... these do not, they are just good ol fashion thumpers. I have never really been able to compare them except for just looking at them, I have never rode a small atv from Polaris or Honda or the like, so I don not know for sure & don't want to mislead anyone, size wise - it depends on the machine , the mx50 is the smallest machine I have seen, it is very small & fits small kids awesome, throw the battery atvs out & get one of these, they will last longer & when they out grow it its actually worth something, not like a battery one where you just throw it away. The 110sx, is about the same size as the 90cc sportsman, it might be a hair taller, I do not know for sure, but you get the idea anyways, they all have throttle governors also. There is a new Redcat 70cc & a 80cc coming out in about 3-4 weeks, both of them are 4 strokes also & full auto tranny's, no reverse in either though. Also I just lowered our prices on the Unison Desert Cat 90's, I got a call from Unison yesterday & they want to move some more quads, these are the brand new 90's, they have hand & foot brakes, 2 strokers, oil injected, They are $1495 shipped to your door, I can take off $50 if you ship it to a business too, so $1445, you can add reverse to the Unisons for $150 right now too. :D Unison just released there Black Widow 150 too (4 stroke), I am waiting on specs & my first one to test ride yet, they look SWEET.

kreed5821
07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
My son has had a Kazuma Meerkat 50 since he was 2 yrs 8 mth old. It has bucked him off several times and he has turned it over at least six. It happens. He has not been hurt and wants to ride constantly. We have had no problems at all with the Kazuma. I just wish the grips were smaller in diameter so little hands could hold on better while pressing the thumb throttle. Or a twist throttle would be nice. If any of you are familiar with the old honda 50 bikes, these I believe are the same design. The only downfall is that they are cold natured and if you flood it, you'd better have a sparkplug ready. They also have little or no suspension. That is not really a problem for the age probably riding them. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone wanting a quad for their youngster. Heres a pic of my boy on his:

kreed5821
07-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I meant the engine design seems like the old honda 50s.

MadMax27
07-10-2005, 06:49 PM
My neighbor has one of those, Im 225lbs and got about 25-30 mph out of that bad boy! I guess its called the Meercat... Takes a bit to warm up, but the kids love it, I was shocked to see it having soo many features. Like electric or kick. Headlight, speed control and the teather kill switch on the back. Cool beans!

spliffy
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Yep they are sweet little machines. They only have elect start, but you can pop start them too.

kreed5821
07-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I think the weight limit is supposed to be 80 lbs or so. But here is my son and nephew chasing my little brother who weighs 260:

spliffy
07-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Yep, 88lbs is what they say... but I ride them all the time & I am 185, just got to keep your butt up from the very back of the seat & plastic, there is no support right there for the extra weight. :D you can wheelie pretty good on them.... haha

kreed5821
07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I adjusted the idle on my son's today and then decided to check it out in the yard. When I shifted from first to second, it came up. And then it left me...:D

kreed5821
07-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Heres what I mean by "left me". These little quads are decievingly stout!

spliffy
07-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Unison just called me... they have got to get rid of some brand new 2004 Desert Cat 50 machines.. We normally sell these for $1350 shipped to your house, we agreed with Unison to blow out over 50 machines over the next couple weeks, so we have marked them WAY down to $1095, if you are a atvriders member, take a additional $50 off, so your cost is $1045 for one of these sweet little 50's. They also have some with Reverse on them, that usually runs an extra $200, right now it will only cost you a additional $150. This is a first come first serve with this price, all colors are available right now, but that will be first thing to go is color choice www.kidatvs.com Check us out or give us a call 651-497-5146

Thanks, Jim

http://www.kidatvs.com/Unison/images/desert50side.jpg

kreed5821
07-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Those are sharp! Is the black and white one considered black or white? It says specify color. In a year or two I'll be buying one of those. For that price I wish I could buy one now.

spliffy
07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Mostly Black one is black, our site shows only the red & the black one.

kreed5821
07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Thank you. They are both very sharp.

JTRtrx250r
07-22-2005, 02:33 AM
Do these come w/ servise manuals? Or is it possible to get 1?

I know of a 68 yr old guy that got 1 of those 150 Dingo's and the poor guy cant seem to catch a break w/ the thing. Hes also had really bad luck w/ any customer servise or even help w/ a question.

Anyway you guys might be able to help? (I know its a 150 Dingo, but even a lead would be a great help)

Thanks Spliffy!:D

spliffy
07-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Yep no problem, thats a Kazuma if its a Dingo 150, just have him give me a call or drop me a email, I'm sure I can help him. There are a few companies out there that sell these machines & their customer service.....or lack there of, needs some help & they make the machines look bad, they are good machines & just like anything else, customers need support, they charge rediculously low prices, have no parts or machines in stock & will not help you after a sale, I suppose when you make around $5-$10 for each ATV sold, its hard to justify helping someone after they spend all that money with you...... I think we will stay with our little bit higher prices & actually return calls & emails....just seems like the right thing to do :p

JTRtrx250r
07-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Awesome!

I'll definitly let him know, or just have him get ahold of you!

Thanks a bunch!:cool:

JLSLEP500
07-24-2005, 12:26 AM
the unison 50 what safety features does it have? Does it have the remote kill switch?

JLSLEP500
07-24-2005, 12:37 AM
the unison 50 what safety features does it have? Does it have the remote kill switch?

spliffy
07-24-2005, 08:44 AM
It has a Throttle governor. It does not have a remote kill switch, but you can put a aftermarket one on them or on any atv for around $75-$100.

EXJay
09-16-2005, 05:04 AM
My neighbor bought his 3 year old son a Redcat 50 I believe it is..little thing is pretty cool, and it will fly with that lil 3 year old on it.

DVXchic
09-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi there, i was wondering what the motor in the desert cat 90 is based off of. our son had a predator 90 and the motor worked great, also what are the specs, disc brakes, chain drive and will it take a bit of jumping, thats where the predator failed.

spliffy
09-18-2005, 08:21 AM
It is based after the Predator motor also. The suspension is good, but all minis stock suspension is only OK, not great, but deff not bad either, out of the models we sell the Desert Cats & the Kid ATVS 90 has the best suspension. Disk brake, chain drive, 2 stroke oil injection, reverse is a option if you want it, you can view all the specs here:

http://www.kidatvs.com/Unison/Desert-Cat-90.php

spliffy
09-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Our new KidATVS 90cc is on sale right now for $749 shipped to your door, great little machines, very nice suspension & a remote kill/start switch. Mention you are a atvriders.com member & take $50 off the price, so $699 shipped to your house for this great little machine.

http://www.kidatvs.com/RedCat/kidatv90.php

DVXchic
09-18-2005, 08:30 AM
are these bike manufactured in china, is the quality the same as suzuki or polaris, we bought a yamoto and it was a piece of junk, wheels flopped around, pivot bolt kept coming out, exhaust bolts kept loosening off, We dont want anymore problems like that.
Will aftermarket polaris parts fit on the bike. Can you distribute from Canada to avoid duties or problems at the border. Thanks for your input.

spliffy
09-18-2005, 09:26 AM
We used to be a Yamoto dealer, we dropped them because of problems like you mention, these are made in Taiwan just like the Polaris, etons kasea etc etc. I cannot ship to Canada at all, sorry. There is pipes & aftermarket stuff for the Unisons, but for no other brands we carry that I know of.