PDA

View Full Version : anyone done a 350x/250x conversion? PLEASE HELP

05-24-2002, 02:07 PM
i took the motor out of my 350x yesterday and today have been trying to shoe horn that thing in my 250x frame...... i know this conversion has been done many times before...... but i just cant seem to get it to go in? if anyone has done this conversion i would really like to talk to them about it.... and yes i have just about everything stripped off of my frame
which side should i try putting the motor in through?
thanks in advance

05-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Go to www.powroll.com and they have the entire conversion kit :)

05-24-2002, 03:02 PM
yeah....... i know this...... i just need to figure out how to get it in the frame rails....... its a bit bigger than the old 250x motor ALOT bigger

cdalejef
05-24-2002, 05:52 PM
I think i used to put it in from the right side. Did you trim material off the rear upper motor mount?

05-24-2002, 06:09 PM
no, am i supposed to? have you done the conversion? if so can you tell me all the things like that i need to do?

cdalejef
05-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Its been a long time since I have done this so bear with me. The only thing you need to do to the motor is trim some material off at the rear upper mount on the left hand side. I think its about 3/4 of an inch. Measure the mount on the frame then measure the motor and make sure thats right. All the wiring should be the same.

05-24-2002, 06:26 PM
ok i'll do that, now when you say right side which way would that be from? from sitting on the quad or looking at it from the front?

cdalejef
05-24-2002, 06:28 PM
sitting on it.

skull
05-27-2002, 02:51 AM
hey Jeff@Quadshop,
my dad is giving me back my old 350x because he's unable to ride it anymore.

I was thinking about dropping the motor into my 300EX and doing the Powroll conversion. maybe rebuild the motor while I'm at it.

anyway, what is your experience with this application? was it worth it? and once the motor was in, was there too much power for the chassis to handle?

I know if I hop it up too much, there will be way to much power. I really don't think it would be wise (financially) to completely bring the chassis up to par with a hopped up motor. but the few horses of a basicly stock 350x motor sounds tempting.

here's my real question; how hard was this conversion to do? could someone with minor technical abillity (and tools) handle this application?

thank you

cdalejef
05-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Its very easy to do! The stock chassis can handle the power pretty good. Extending the swingarms 2" does help tho.