PDA

View Full Version : powder coating Frame

HondaRacing23
06-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Where in Ohio near canton or surounding areas can I get my bike powder coated fairly cheap. Im going to start stripping it down tonight and the rest of the week and get it painted soon but dont know where to take it. theres tons of paint shops around here but i dont think they do powder coating. Ill have to call them but i thought I would ask some of you guys here. let me know if anyone knows of anyone thats cheap in my area or where i can go to find someone on the web. thank...:) :D :confused:

400Rider022
06-05-2005, 06:13 PM
PAPPY:macho

TheFontMaster
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 400Rider022
PAPPY:macho

Pappy does really good work, is he in west virginia, or maryland I forgot? But he has really great prices, A local powdercoating place here wanted 350 for my 250r frame, for that price I could have had it sent to him, powdercoated, and get sent back to me for less than what he local shop wanted.

Myrtle150
06-06-2005, 08:30 AM
send it to pappy hes in w.Va and does great work ;)

awsomeaussies
06-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Or if you don't want to ship your frame, just look in the yellow pages under powder coating or something, and call a bunch of places and get some quotes... I think I called like 10 places and everyone wanted over $250 for the frame, and then I called American Powder Coating, here in WA... and I only paid $150 to powder coat my frame, subframe, swing arm, a-arms, hubs and exhaust shield translucent blue and black. You can save some money by prepping and sanding the parts yourself.

Pappy
06-06-2005, 01:52 PM
there is a place in Ohio that is more then reasonable. For the life of me I can't recall the name:( If i think of it I will gladly post it.

I also believe they will soon be a sponsor of the site!!

HondaRacing23
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Pappy? what will you charge me to powder coat my frame? I am in ohio and would be will to drive and give you my from and get it powder coarted. It is a 400ex frame and subframe. I am also thinking about getting my swing arm done if I can get it welded if not im going to by an aftermarket one. give me some prices or some good ideas. i would like to get it all done for less then $150 if at all possible dunno if thats possible or not. I can have the frame stripped by the weekend if u can get back to me. I dont know if your backed up or not but i could drive it down this weekend if your not to far away. give me an address or something and ill see how far away you are from me and go from there. thanks man..

Pappy
06-06-2005, 08:34 PM
if its a solid color and stripped it could be done under your alotted budget.

im about a 3 hour drive from st clairsville ohio.

HondaRacing23
06-06-2005, 08:54 PM
what is i get it stripped and primes ready to be powder coated what would u charge to paint it a bright yellow and clear coated?

Pappy
06-07-2005, 03:56 AM
you dont prime the metal. it needs to be stripped to bare metal or media blasted.

if its sent in that form, it would be $125 for frame and sub (this would be if no shipping or packing supplies are needed.

ill try like crazy to find that shop in Ohio as im sure it would be easier for ya!

HondaRacing23
06-07-2005, 06:08 AM
well there was a frame on ebay that was already prepped and ready to be painted but its over $150 now and dont want to spend that plus paint so ill just strip mine and get it ready to be painted ill sand blast it. ya let me know where that place in ohio is that might save me some money. i am probably 4 hours away from you because im almost an hour from st. clairsville.

HondaRacing23
06-08-2005, 06:23 AM
think of that name yet. theres a guy here where i live i called thats works at a place that does it but he wont call me back dont know why...