PDA

View Full Version : Stumped!!!!!!!!

2004exrider
06-05-2005, 12:30 PM
ok, i know you guys hate these questions, my carb has a k175 jet in it right now, it runs perfect at all speeds and full throttle, but when i wheely it it must be just a tad rich because it will pop once or twice, so i took off the air lid and did some wheelies and it ran fine (actually flipped it because it came up a little easier) the spark plug is perfect colored so im thinkin of just goin down to a k170. i never messed with the needle position any, so should i just put in a smaller jet or actually go back and redo it all.

thank you,
jimmy

quad2xtreme
06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
You trying to keep the airbox lid on?

2004exrider
06-05-2005, 12:42 PM
yes, i would leave it off but the trailss i ride has a river you have to cross a few times and is very dusty also.

quad2xtreme
06-05-2005, 12:59 PM
If it backfires when you are slowing down then you need to go down a size and try it. I can't speak to jetting when doing wheelies. It could be an issue with your floats. Most 400ex leak gas out the overflow when doing wheelies.

Also, the lid doesn't keep dust out. It comes right through the airbox tube anyhow.

If you are doing really deep river crossing then you might need the lid; otherwise, I recommend the EHS racing lid.

EHS Racing (http://www.ehsracing.com)

/Jon