PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help...

"BLAHH"300!!
05-24-2002, 01:24 PM
ok..ahhh man i'm bout ready to toss this 300 in a ditch....
bahhh...ok here's the deal pickle'

i've told you my swingarm/carrier was messed up and my chain wont stay tight. i though maybe, replace the bearring, maybe it's turning the carrier before it turn's the bearring. i do that. but it doesn't work. so i turn around to head back home.
MY CHAIN BREAKS AGAIN!!! that's three time's in one week.
in differant places. and hassn't broken on the master link yet. now it has 3 master link's on one chain....(i'll replace it after i get all this worked out....)..so i walk home get the big bear. tow my 300 home.. put it up on the rack. start taking stuff apart again..and oil dripps down on the ground...."what's that...oil..from where?"..CRACKED MY CASE!!!!!!....blahhhh
ok here's my question.
the way the case cracked was the chain dug down ino the metal and dug out a groove deep enugh to make a hole in it. the hole is small..it doesn't leak unless the bike is running...not sure exactly how big the hole is..but it's smaller than i can see/notice. but....
can i weld a little bead over this hole and be done with it....run a bead/weld fill the hole. take a grinder..grind it smooth again make sure it's flush and put it all back together.???? or do i absolutly HAVE to buy a new case....?????...like i said man i'm about ready to throw this thing away. if it's not one thing it's another. it's a kool bike....WHEN IT'S PARKED..right here in the prime of summer time too man.....and another thing..if i sold it, i couldn't get enugh to get another bike, and if i parted it out to get more money, well....i don't have any part's to sale.....there all ..FkT up...i can't win for loosing dude...sorry i vented....

would this work?

MOFO
05-24-2002, 01:49 PM
wow dude, sorry to hear about your luck. I'm not sure if that would work. I dont think you can just weld to the engine case....you might be better off trying some JB WELD for a very temporary fix. I'd do that and start looking for another case....

Hang in there....

Eric

05-24-2002, 02:27 PM
ill give u $100 for it now and i will come pick it up :) JB weld should hold it up. Good luck

barbwire44
05-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Weld the case ace! It's not gonna hurt a thing just remember dont put all youre weld on at once don't want to overheat it and warp or burn any ah them there rubber seals.
Later.

"BLAHH"300!!
05-25-2002, 09:09 PM
thanx for that idea. never crossed my mind. but i think water weaken's J.B.WELD and so does heat. and i think heat and water together would make it really weak over a period of time. but its' worth a shot. what type of metal is the engine and the case made from? it doesn't rust so.......?aluminum?

barbwire. i'd take it apart before i welded on it, but thanx for lookin' out on me anyway.

flyin300
05-25-2002, 09:23 PM
I cracked my case about 6 months ago... and I had to get a new case because my crack was about 6 inches... anyway.... I would take the engine out, take the case off.. and weld on the inside... grind it flush.. and then weld on the outside too.. this will help the chances of a good fix.. and make the hole stronger in the future.. just my Idea..