PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunders Z400 Review

05-24-2002, 12:15 PM
If ya wanna read some respectable info from a engine builder and racer promotor,,go to this link and read up,,,but go get ya somethin ta drink cuz you'll be here awhile...Real good reading I think..enjoy

http://www.gtthunder.com/400z.html

Tommy 17
05-24-2002, 01:07 PM
if i read that correctly which i think i did it seems like it has a awesome motor on it but the chassis sucks like the raptor...

the 46.2 peak hp with the carb seemed like a great increase from the 33 stock... thats 13 hp...

the bad thing i didn't like is how they talked about the handlin and bending... they said the rear shock is like a pogo stick... also when they said at the bottom about bending a axle on the 2nd ride that kinda made me wonder... is the frame gonna hold up, is the swing arm goin to break... hmm... that changed my whole outlook on the bike and from what that said i would take the 400ex or c-dale...

Woodsrider
05-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Thanks Rico
That was a good read. The engine sounds impressive, to get an additional 13 horses without any machine work. Very cool.
time will tell how the rest of the bike holds up.
If its only weakness turns out to be the axle and the rear shock, it will already be way ahead of the raptor.

Zero Z400
05-24-2002, 09:56 PM
your a good man, not as biased as everyone else. The people who bent the axles are racers. So there probaly giving the machine a heck of a beat down on the track. Yeah, some people are going to jump like they do but their gonna want a wider axle eventually. But i still get it over the 400ex cuz of liquid cooling and reverse.

Later

DEAL
05-24-2002, 10:22 PM
The Z400 is a copy off of alot of diffrent quads, They tried to take the best of all the high performance bikes and put them all into one machine with their own motor.
The frame and suspention is from a 400ex
Plastic design from a raptor.
Axle must be from a raptor since it bends (Maybe they should have copied honda on this one)

New-400ex_guy
05-25-2002, 02:02 AM
hopefully in the next month or two im gonna put in the cams, pipe, and carb to go for the 46hp. seems like a perfect amout of power and you dont even have to touch the motor, so it should be ultra reliable and then you can bore it a bit and get even more power in the future.

i dont really care about the axle, gonna get a wider one in the future anyways so i can carve the steepest dunes ;) :D